Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What levers/cables for TRP Spyke?
  • lotto
    Free Member

TRP own levers and Jagwire cabling? Would that be a good combo? Suggestions welcome.

lotto
    Free Member

Will 10 year old XT V brake levers do the trick?

jameso

Old XT or XTR and jagwire compressionless cables working well for me. Cable pull adjust on the old XT or XTR and Avid levers is a useful bonus for cable discs.

lotto
    Free Member

Are there real world/noticeable benefits to Jagwire or just marketing propoganda?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Possibly for road levers/road disc calipers, which pull less cable.

V-brake levers pull more cable to operate the brake, so the relatively minor amount of compression in regular brake outers isn’t so much of a problem.

jameso

Jagwire cable help but I had good results with std Ashima and Shimano cables before fitting the Jagwire c-less – post above about cable pull to compression ratio is a good point and more than likely part of why. So it’s better, but not essential. I like a bit of squish in the brake feel anyway as long as it’s not excessive and the power is sufficient.

fasthaggis

XT levers and jagwire here,excellent.

addy6402

(sorry) I have brand new TRP levers and Jagwire KB-SEL cables which came on a bike with Spyke calipers (calipers sold)….email in profile

epicyclo

lotto – Member
    Are there real world/noticeable benefits to Jagwire or just marketing propoganda?

If I can’t use a compressionless system, it’s Jagwire that I use. I dislike spongy brakes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What levers/cables for TRP Spyke?’ is closed to new replies.