Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What length stem do you have on your Prince Albert???????
  • stompy

Just a quick question for you chaps and ladies…… am just building up my frame and am torn between 50mm and 70mm 😕

So was wondering what everyone else uses and what affect it has on the handling etc, I know alot will be down to personnal preference/body size/riding style etc…

Cheers

racing_ralph
    Free Member

50mm

GEDA
    Free Member

50mm, had 70mm and it feels much better with 50mm.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

truvativ holzfeller bar and stem combo from merlin was perfect and cheap

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’ve tried 50, 65 & 70mm stems on mine and settled for the 65mm Easton Vice. In conjunction with the layback post it allows me to ride the medium frame in relative comfort (I’m almost 6ft 2″). I also felt that my bars were too narrow to really appreciate the short stem so I might try it again with a new set of wide bars.

simon_g

70mm. I’m 5’11 and have a medium frame, using EA50 bars. Wouldn’t want to go any shorter – 70 feels spot on.

Joxster
    Free Member

8″ 😉

Sorry wrong Prince Albert

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

70 for me.

stompy

I’m just over 6′ and have a medium frame so maybe i’ll go for 70mm to begin with and see how it feels 🙄

cheers chaps

boxelder

If in doubt, choose longer. Don’t be drawn down the faddishly short route.

p.s. joxster – why fold it in half?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

stompy – that’s the same height as me and I also have a medium frame. 70mm was on the demo bike and felt perfect so its what I went for.

rOcKeTdOg

80mm

CheesybeanZ

70mm here

cheers_drive

60MM FSA Gravity
    I’m 6’3″ and ride a large. Feels perfect

AdamM
    Free Member

90mm here, and I thought that was short when I fitted it!!! I’ll have to try a shorter stem one of these days, although the Morning Glory (which replaced a MkI PA) has barely been ridden in a year. Looking forward to getting out on it this weekend.

Joxster
    Free Member

p.s. joxster – why fold it in half?

Have you ever caught your PA on a bottle cage going over a table top 😯

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What length stem do you have on your Prince Albert???????’ is closed to new replies.