Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What length square taper bottom bracket
  • sm500
    Free Member

Basically need to know what length square taper bottom bracket for standard inbred gona fit some old middleburns. cheers

stoney
    Free Member

I have a Royce 109mm in my Ti 456 and Middleburn`s. Its a neat fit mind.

nuke

Running 118mm on my Inbred 853…any narrower and the chainrings would foul the stays from what I can see. Given the 50mm chainline, pretty sure 118mm is what Brant recommended.

hopster
    Free Member

113 is the length I would suggest.

hopster
    Free Member
    nuke

Hopster – Have you got an Inbred with a ST BB?

PJay
    Free Member

If it's a current model Inbred with extrawide bridgeless stays then, as Nuke says, you'll need a 50mm chainline to get anything like enough chainring clearance (IMO it's a real minus point for the On-One frames). The correct axle length for a 50mm chainline depends on the cranks. On my 853 Inbred with an XT Octalink crankset I need a 118mm axle but it can differ between cranksets (I'm fairly sure that there was an old LX chainset that needed a 121mm axle to give a 47.5mm chainline). Someone was asking about Deore square tapers a while and I think that they needed a shorter axle than their Octalink counterparts to give the same chainline. From the link that hopster has put up it looks like a 113mm axle will give a 50mm chainline but it might be worth checking with Middleburn in case your older model cranks were different.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What length square taper bottom bracket’ is closed to new replies.