Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What Length BB square taper axle length for a Cotic Soul?
  • steelfan
    Free Member

I’m going back to my old square taper XT M750 cranks and I know I need a 68mm shell but what axle length?

steelfan
    Free Member

bump

DaveGr
    Free Member

Email Paul at Cotic

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andrewh
    Free Member

Shell length depends on frame. Axel length depends on cranks. I have the 1999 XT cranks, the first of the 9 speed ones, and the require 113mm if that's any help.

Northwind

The BB width is 73mm according to the website… And Sy says this:

Bottom bracket axle lengths on the Soul

"We've heard from several customers who've installed Middleburn square taper cranks using the Middleburn recommended 108mm bottom bracket axle.

While Middleburn's recommendation may be useful for a typical frame, the Soul is no typical frame. 108mm can be too short for use on the Soul when using large tyres, due to the combination of short chainstays and excellent tyre clearance that our frame design incorporates. Trimming the front mech to miss the chain using such a short bottom bracket axle results in the tyre rubbing on the front mech cage with anything bigger than a 2.2" tyre. In our experience, 113mm axles are the shortest square taper axles that should be used on the Soul in combination with huge tyres. "

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What Length BB square taper axle length for a Cotic Soul?’ is closed to new replies.