Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • what leg warmers?
  • sefton
    Free Member

what leg warmers are good?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Surely not!
    I know Alan Parker won a BAFTA last night but resurrecting this fashion disaster, really?

damitamit
    Free Member

DHB roubaix ones are!

ibnchris

the gore ones are not great. No grippy silicon stuff. Unless I just got a dud batch

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Craft or Santini for well priced ones.

My Rapha knee warmers are very nice so I’d assume their leg warmers are also.

gren
    Free Member

My Gore Windstopper ones have grippy silicone bands. Nice and warm too

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I like the Endura FS-260 ones, they have a more durable panel around the knee so are better for off road.

I like to wear bib-knicks most of the time but got sick of shelling out 60 quid every time I ripped a knee, so now I wear the Endura FS-260 shorts and knee warmers. Problem solved!

FuzzyWuzzy

Castelli Nanoflex seem OK to me but only worth it if you want the slightly-enhanced water-shedding they offer. Other than that they’re not any warmer than a roubaix style warmer. They do stay up pretty well though (considering the material isn’t as stretchy as some, it also bunches a bit behind the knee but not to the extent I actually notice it whilst riding). Size-wise they come up pretty small (even length-ways) so probably need to size up one from shorts/tights sizing.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

What do leg-warmers need to do?

1. Keep legs warm
    2. Not fall down

In that respect the ones I bought from Aldi a few months ago are perfect. I’ve been out in some pretty horrific weather – on both road and mountain bike – and they do their job without me really noticing. Not sure why I’d pay more.

They even survived the crash that broke my collarbone 😀

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

+1 for Endura F260 – They are excellent, nice & warm 🙂

radoggair
    Free Member

waiting till mid feb to buy some, what you been wearing so far? Endura 260’s though are great

qu1nt
    Free Member

+1 for Craft (one of my better purchases)

officialtob
    Free Member

the ones I bought from Aldi a few months ago are perfect

+1 for Aldi specials. Still going strong after a pretty crappy winter, and all for £8 I think. Can’t go wrong.

brakes
    Free Member

there’s not much you can do badly with leg warmers is there?
    shouldn’t be buying them to match your shorts?
    I have dhb Roubaix ones and they are good…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘what leg warmers?’ is closed to new replies.