Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Laptop for £350 or less?
  • Alphabet

My brother needs a new laptop. He wants it for home use (Internet, word processing, photos and watching DVDs).

Does anyone have anything they can recommend? If not then he’ll just get something from eBuyer or PC World etc.

Thanks.

BlingBling
    Free Member

£350??

Nintendo DS

shoefiti
    Free Member

toshiba satalite?

kona_uk
    Free Member
    Rich
    Free Member

Check out laptopsdirect.

jimmy

Anyone know if its possible to buy a laptop without software on? ie Windows mainly. I have a copy of Vista (or might try Linux) so don’t wanna pay for it. But also, would it reduce the price much?

mudpup
    Free Member

How about this?
    http://www.mcscom.co.uk/product.php?xProd=8762&xSec=67
    Good reseller with 3yr Dell at home warranty

davey_clayton
    Free Member

If you could live without an optical drive I’d go for one of the 12″ dell minis. Think you can get them with just Linux. You could get an external DVD drive but that would be a pain.

The problem with cheap laptops IME is that integrated graphics cards can hog system memory and make the machine underperform. My last cheap laptop was 350, and with 2GB ram and a 1.7 pentium was rubbish at playing back video, and even MP3s on local discs.

davey_clayton
    Free Member

THat laptop mudpup has linked to looks handy. A 256MB dedicated graphics card at that price is great.

MrGreedy

Don’t forget it’s exc. VAT though – will be £430ish with the tax.

compositepro
    Free Member

dell do a 1525 our old girl just got one for doing what you stated above

dr_death
    Free Member

Get a dell mini 9 and stick OS X on it. No internal drive but you can fit a 32Gb SD card in the side with all your ‘personal movies’ on.

£250 all in!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Laptop for £350 or less?’ is closed to new replies.