Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What laptop bag?
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

I need to cart a laptop bag around town. I’ll have to be on the train and the tube, maybe a bus, maybe a Boris bike at some point.

It needs to hold a 15″ laptop, some chunky headphones and an A4 notepad.

I don’t want a backpack because they get in the way of my coat. I’m thinking messenger bag, or a sling. It needs to be comfortable to carry in case I’m stood up for all, or parts of my journey.

I’ve looked at Crumplers, but I’ve wrecked a couple of their messenger bags through use. Anything else I should be considering?

Cougar

Targus are a good bet.

Mine’s Everki I think.

Cougar
    Milkie
    Free Member

I have a Snugg messenger bag, much better than the Crumpler I had. It has loads of compartments and a separate one for the laptop, easily store your chunky headphones, an A4 pad and loads of other crap. 😉

Xylene
    Free Member
    curiousyellow
    Free Member

@Milkie in what way are they better? I like the look of the bags.

Got to say, Crumpler have been pretty good about honouring their guarantees. I’ve had one bag replaced for a higher range model and another going back.

@Quirrel the Tumi ones are pretty pricy. Worth it?

andyfla
    Free Member

North face messenger bag – padded, rainproof, lots of little pockets inside

Xylene
    Free Member

I think they are from the build quality of them, they are forever bags, bit like Samsonite are.

The other company I like, but haven’t bought from yet https://www.sfbags.com/collections/laptop-bags I’ve had a good look over a couple of their bags in the past and the quality is superb.

imn

Osprey Flap Jack Courier. I’ve got an older version and manage to fit big laptop, big power adapter, headphones inc hard case, book etc in. Doesn’t look like a business bag, unlike Samsonite & Tumi.

hatter

Thule commuter backpack?

Dull name, great wee bag, very thoughtfully designed for riding around with a laptop, actually very technical without shouting about it.

Lived out of mine for the last 2 years and it still looks almost new.

Cletus

+1 Osprey Flapjack Courier. I too have the older version and have been delighted with it in the two years I have owned it. Great VFM.

Kryton57

When i was looking i got a recommendation for one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-Handmade-Leather-Satchel-Briefcase-Laptop-Bag-RRP-129-99-/162250359918?hash=item25c6e0046e:g:9OwAAOSwx2dYEQKR

Its been very good for a year now, very robust, improving with slight looks of wear and does the job very well. I commute around London too.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

@Kryton57 that looks a bit too classic for me.

@Quirrel that Vitesse bag maybe just the ticket!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Check size if it has to go on a Boris bike luggage rack. Thickness should be fine but height can be a problem with the elastic restraining strap. My iPad sized “man bag” fitted perfectly but a larger messenger bag would not.

My bag comes from a Scottish company called Scaramanga (made in India I think)

https://www.scaramangashop.co.uk

davidr

I’ve got an Osprey Flapjack backpack and it’s by far the best laptop bag I’ve had so I’m guessing the courier will be as good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What laptop bag?’ is closed to new replies.