Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What lacquer should be applied to a gloss finish?
  • sergiemiyagi
    Free Member

I began spraying my bike with a high quality graffiti spray paint which is a gloss paint. The finish seems very soft and want to harden the finish. Should I use a lacquer? Any help is appreciated.

sharkattack

I grabbed a big tin of PU Laquer in Halfords last week. Very hard, Very glossy. Do you warm your tins up in a bucket of warm water before you spray? You should if you don’t.

unovolo
    Free Member

Regards the lacquer it will need to be compatible with the base solvent in the Graffiti paint otherwise the 2 may react and ruin the paint job any way.

Might be worth contacting the Graffiti paint manufacturer to see what they recommend, most have a help or contacts page.

Another option would be to cover the frame in helitape to protect it instead of lacquer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sharkattack

Are you using Montana out of interest? I did a frame with that years ago and it never went hard. It chipped very easily and looked minging until I stripped it. Removal was also all too easy.

sergiemiyagi
    Free Member

Yes it is Montana. Thanks I’ll try contact the page for any recommendations on the lacquer. Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What lacquer should be applied to a gloss finish?’ is closed to new replies.