Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • What Knog-like mini back-up lights?
  • oxym0r0n

Reviews on Amazonia (for what they are worth) talk about the rubber breaking and the switch not being very good but looking for some mini and colourful backup lights for me and little lights for the little one’s balance bikes/scooters.

Might be the Knogs if I can’t find anything else suitable…

Innes
    Free Member
    christof
    Free Member

The knogs are good, but seem to have a fairly short limit on how long they will work for! I had three for just under two years which all died with in a month of each other.
    Have a look on dx.com and and ebay

oxym0r0n

Phaaarts probably not suitable for 3 year old girls 😆

B_Leach
    Free Member

Lezyne femto lights

I’ve got a set as my backups. Pretty good for the price! Better sealed than those knogs I reckon too.

souldrummer
    Free Member

Lezyne have introduced a good line in small ’emergency’ light. I have one for the front and it’s certainly bright enough and I’ve had no issues with the mounting band so far.

spyke85
    Free Member

Revolution Silicones from Edinburgh Bicycle Coop

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/revolution-flash-front-silicone-led-light

That’s the front one. Had a pair on my MTB for a year just incase, and run them in conjunction with my main lights on the commuter. Great lights!

oxym0r0n

Lezyne ones look good – still not as fun and cartoony as the Knogs but might be more robust…

cynic-al
    Free Member

I like cateye loops.

So many knog style lights seem to pout out **** all light from what I see on my commute.

somafunk

We sell the Lezyne ones in the shop, same as these ones below and they are very popular, fantastic value for the money, very quick to attach and bright enough to get attention on the road, easy to remove with no untidy brackets left on the bike.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve got a rear of these which I keep on my commuter just in case I absent mindedly switch my main light to my mountain bike. Definitely bright enough for that kind of use. http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mountain-bike-lights/front-rear-silicone-lights/

yunki
    Free Member

I can vouch for the one mentioned above if it’s that one that smudge was sending out free with the lumenator..

very bright, and doesn’t seem to mind living outside either

fourbanger
    Free Member

Electron ones, USB chargeable, tiny, bright.

grtdkad

Check out the Knog Blinders.
    I have a pair front and back, super-bright, USB chargeable and properly weather proof (for a change).

coatesy
    Free Member

Mate of mine has a Lezyne, unless you’re directly behind it, it’s virtually invisible.

summitsup
    Free Member

oxford do a set of Knog alikes. pretty good and decathlon have them going for £4 a pair at the mo

pootle
    Free Member

I was also put off by the Knog reviews so researched alternative lights which are USB rechargeable and have the quick release strap rather than fixing to a bracket.

I ended up plumping for the Moon Gem and have been happy with them in the 3 or so months for which I have been using them so far.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

used knogg on my helmet as a rear light… was pretty good for the 1st year after that had too much trouble with the switch and backplate.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘What Knog-like mini back-up lights?’ is closed to new replies.