Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Knee Pads for Biking & Boarding…
  • ChuckMorris
    Free Member

I’m after some knee pads I can use for snowboarding as well as mountain biking.

I did order some Medium 661 Rage pads but I’ve sent them back because they don’t fit properly, they also seem quite bulky.

I’m about to reorder the rage pads in small, but I’ve just come across the Riot pads that look a little more slender. Anybody used these?

What works for you boarder-biker types?

flyingmonkeycorps

I used 661 Kyle Straits when I went boarding (and for a lot of biking) but they fit me perfectly. Never tried the Riots, but I didn’t like the Veggies (which I think were their predecessors).

G-Form might be worth a look, but I managed to kill mine after a couple of months so maybe not!

Raceface Dig seem to be quite well rated, and only £25 on CRC, but they look to be of a similar chunk to the Rages. The bargain Ambushes might have been good but they’re sold out in normal sizes.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Cheers!

Are the 661 Kyle Straits the predecessor of the Rage?

flyingmonkeycorps

They are indeed.

For reference, I’ve just got a pair of Ambushes, and they size up a tad smaller than the equivalent Straits, not sure about the Rages. I’ve ordered another pair in large…

mrelectric

I tried POC, Endura & Nproof.
    Just sent back Endura MT500 for failed stitching (typ. E quality??). These were comfy but will be using the Nukeproof Critical from now:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=68523

Comfortable and better coverage.

Painey
    Free Member

Do you need knee pads for snowboarding? I’ve got some impact shorts which are great for when you land on your arse but never bashed my knees, and I’m no expert.

flyingmonkeycorps

When I was learning I fell on my knees a lot… Was glad of my pads to be honest, if just to keep my knees warm when kneeling ready to set off. I have crappy knees though.

ChuckMorris
    Free Member

Managed to get some kyle straits knee pads off ebay.

They seem a little smaller than the rage pads but should do the job for boarding and biking..

Northwind

Kyle Straits are fairly bulky (thick round the side as well as on the front) so it’ll depend a bit on your snow kit whether they’ll fit. I was very glad for my kneepads when learning! Not just because of the inevitable falls, but also because it took away the temptation to stick out my hands and break my wrists.

jam-bo

I wear my POC knee pads boarding. I was boarding with a few learner and I’d often wait for them kneeling as its easier to start off again than from sitting. Kept my knees toasty warm and protected .

That and learning to ride switch on icy pistes meant I’d not board without them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Knee Pads for Biking & Boarding…’ is closed to new replies.