• This topic has 18 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What Knee Pads ?
  • MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

I’m in the market for some new pads and I’m not sure on which ones to go for I have only used 661 and Alpinestar. What are your user reviews or experiences any information is much appreciated.

wwaswas

Love my POC’s – great for all day riding, seem to have stopped me hurting my knees when I fling myself at the scenery. Couldn;t ask for more, really.

headpotdog
    Free Member

Fox Launch Pro’s. Comfy, good protection & not too expensive.

Love mine 🙂

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Just got 661 rage pads finding them very good for me.
    Richard

Stranga
    Free Member

Using G Form here and loving them (previously used 661, Troy Lee) great protection, light , comfortable and best of all they dont slip when you crash!!

ceepers

I just bought some of the nukeproof ones. really comfy on 3 hour exmoor rides, nice and warm in this weather and better fit and slightly more reassuring level of protection than the 661 pads i tried. Coming from wearing pads skating in my mispent youth, some of the mtb ones seemed a bit flimsy in comparison. I wear knee pads 90% of the time and really like these

glasgowdan
    Free Member

What are they for? DH? General trails?

I got TLD 5400s which are brilliant for riding, they are comfy and you don’t feel them on, just get on with the job in hand.

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

Thanks for all your responses, I would like a set of POC’s but they are to much money 8O. I’m going to try the G Forms out.

motozulu
    Free Member

Don’t discount raceface – I’ve got some with the hard inner shell – comfy, well padded and won’t break the bank. 😉

eyerideit
    Free Member

*jumps into thread uninvited and hijacks it*

Anyone wear Sweet protection bearsuit pads?

I fancy some of them or POCs as they offer good protection and all day riderbiltity†

†Yes I made that word up sorry, I know it’s bad form but everyone’s making up words with …bility at the end.

I heard what’s the jucebility of that carrot the other day 😯

flimsy
    Free Member

Ive used 661 kyle straits, fox launch and the nukeproof pads…
    Out of those three I’ve found the nukeproof to be the best.

I bought a set of Troy Lee K4500s a while ago, put them on and instantly didnt like them, they where too comfy and felt like they wouldnt stay on…how wrong was I!! A couple of months later i tried them a second time, again, felt too comfy but to my surprise they stayed in place through out the ride and didnt budge when i took a tumble!

Stiggy

How about strapping one of Evie’s nappies to each knee?

Rickos
    Free Member

Last week bought 5 pairs from CRC to try on.

Nukeproof – the most comfortable, but thick neoprene means they’d be too hot in summer.

Troy Lee, 5400 – comfy but too minimal on protection. Zero padding on the sides ans I was after some side protection.

661 Rage (i think) – not that comfy and the knee pad stuck out for miles. Don’t know if they would mould to the knee, but weren’t that comfy in the wander about the house and do leg lifts test.

IXS Hack – knee pad was very soft and didn’t seem to offer protection if the others.

Alpinestars – very close in comfort to the nukeproof. Mesh round the back of the knee to keep relatively cool. Decent padding on knee and sides. These are the ones I’ll keep.

Alpinestars for the win. All the above are around 45 quid.

The Alpinestars are replacing a 4 year old pair of Pocs which are very good but have now gone baggy and slide down in a get off.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

POC 2.0, bro.

Dear, but flexible, durable
    & comfy I.M.E.

ahsat

Love my 661 Kyle Straights – wore all the way round Glentress black at the weekend and didnt bother me.

andyrm
    Free Member

Nukeproof – and having ridden loads all summer in them, they’re not as hot as you’d expect. Best fit by miles…..

undapressure
    Free Member

I’ve got Sweet Bearsuit pads 😀 They are really good, far more flexible, less bulky and more comfortable to ride in than my old 661 Straits. The neoprene and single strap really keeps them tigh, I was surprised by how well it works.

gsp1984
    Free Member

POC VPD2.0

Expensive but worth it.

jedi

scott rocket pads for me. all day comfort and hard shell 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What Knee Pads ?’ is closed to new replies.