Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What kind of skin reactions are possible from ticks?
  • scotabroad

I have had ticks before with no ill effect but I currently have a reaction, which may or may not, be the result of a bite. It started as a small blister but is slowly enlarging to about the size of a penny, the skin has come off the centre and appears to be healing but the outer edges of the irritation have small blisters. There is no swelling.

It may not be related to a an insect bite but I cant think of anything else?

Will visit docs if not improved next week.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

it could be lyme disease, easily treated but if you don't get it treayted it can make you very unwell. look it up on wiki. Go and see your doc.

sharki
    Free Member

Visit doctors tomorrow, don't delay.

If by chance it is Lymes you really want it treated early on.

It may be just a bad reaction and treated with antihistamine, but please don't take a chance…

Tomorrow, not later!

ando227
    Free Member

you certainly need to go to your doctors. for more info go to http://www.bada-uk.org

the lyme rash from an infected tick bite can vary in appearence or it could be alergic reaction. if the rash appears elsewhere on the body or expands further then it will be lyme.

if it is lyme then antibiotic treatment early on is normally very successful.

andy

scotabroad

pretty sure its not lymes, have seen a number of pictures of that, no "bulls eye" effect at all, or irritation/ swelling etc.

Jeremy
    Free Member

My dad had something similar. a tickbite on his leg swelled to the size of a 5p in diameter, this then turned black through necrosis with red irritation around it. then he broke out in purple spots all over his body that looked like mozzy bites, whilst developing a 39.6 fever. it happened in south africa so it may be a diff strain but antibios cleared it up quickly.
    As above, go see a doctor!

scaredypants

Did you have a tick recently ?
    on for long ?

Doesn't sound like Lyme anyway but could pay GP a visit all the same

but knock yourself out with this lot in the meantime

sharki
    Free Member

If your pretty sure it not lymes then don't worry about it..
    Whats the worse that it could be?

Failing that ask on a mtb forum and wait for the answer your want to hear.

scotabroad

Thats a nasty bite you have there Sharki.

Anyway docs appointment was already booked(1st available next week of course)just asking general thoughts in the meantime.

amatuer

Could be cellulitis. My wife got that from an insect bite a few years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What kind of skin reactions are possible from ticks?’ is closed to new replies.