Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What kind of crazed, brilliant genius thought of this then?
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Top nommage.

ton

i have eaten some of that..it is nice.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

is even better

jimmy

wrong wrong wrong. i like chocolate, love chilli, but together they are so wrong.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I've had about three quarters of a bar of this stashed in one of the kitchen cupboards since Christmas – it is most certainly not a (pleasant) taste experience. I'll stick it in the post for you ton, you're welcome to it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No pics, but this place, http://www.cacaosampaka.com/eng/temptacions.htm , does the most amazing chocolate coated peppercorns.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Does anyone remember a chocolate bar from the 70's (or possibly 80's) with coconut and cherries in it?. Totally pointless I know, it's just bugging me that I cant remember the name.

ocrider

The chilli one is meh, but the salty one works for me.

carlosg
    Free Member

The Aztec people made hot chocolate drinks with chilli in , so not a new idea.

However it is an extremely tasty one.

Aldi do a pack with 5 small bars in for 99p . http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/product_range/2744_10865.htm

psychle
    Free Member

chili chocolate rocks 🙂 it's based on/inspired by the ye olde mayan/aztec way of making chocolate (I think 🙂 )

teagirl
    Free Member

Chilli choc is gorgeous. There is a chocolatier in the Peak District, Cocodance, around Flagg who makes truffles and there are the best in the world. He did the farmers markets and I used to get it from Belper FM. Quite easy to make too!

zbonty

Or check Paul A. Young boutiquey chocolatier in Islington.
    Marmite truffle anyone? How about the very xmasy gold, frankincense and myr chocalate bar complete with 23 carrat gold leaf.

Spent a blinkin' fortune in there before christmas!

Mister-P
    Free Member

There is a bar of chilli chocolate in my cupboard, it doesn't float my boat at all. Looks like CFH could be receiving some in the post in the near future.

nostoc
    Free Member

If chilli and chocolate is so good then why haven't people been putting chilli powder on their chocolate all the time? In my personal opinion it is because chocolate is nicer without it.

carlosg
    Free Member

If chilli and chocolate is so good then why haven't people been putting chilli powder on their chocolate all the time? In my personal opinion it is because chocolate is nicer without it.

But thats the original way with the chilli , it was adapted for European tastes by removing the chilli and adding sugar.

It's the same with tea , most people in the UK will add milk but in the countries where tea is grown it's normally drunk black (much nicer imo)

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

…but the salty one works for me

chocolate salty balls? you tell 'em Chef..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

I got some of that hotel chocolat chili chocolate christmas before last. With everyone raving about how amazing the taste combo was I was quite looking forward to trying it.

Completely underwhelmed. Its OK, I'd rather just have plain decent choc to be honest, it didn't really add eff all to the experiance. Some people I kow practically milmed their kecks describing it.

pjt201
    Free Member

@barnsleymitch they do cherryripes in australia that are chocolate, coconut and cherry. made by cadbury over there.

SaxonRider

The Mexicans make a sauce called 'molle' for which the main ingredients are cocao and jalapino. It's served very often on chicken and rice and such things.

It lloks like mud, and tastes… sublime.

grahamb
    Free Member

Sussex's finest, Montezuma's Dark Chilli is ace, as are all their dark chocolate bars. I've not tried their lime & chilli as i don't do milk chocolate, but it sounds a great combination. (CFH, Waitrose do Montezuma's 😉

mefty
    Free Member

Salted caramels from here are excellent Artisan du Choc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

eckinspain
    Free Member

The chilli one is meh, but the salty one works for me.

I like the chilli one but I agree the salt one is better

slowjo
    Free Member

To turn it all around – I have always put bitter chocolate in my chilli (con carne) ****' awesome! Once again, not a new idea but a totally different taste experience.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I just had to pop out to the supermart for some new pens – decided to take the "chilli challenge and bought some Lindt "Chilli".

Back at my desk. Going in to the foil wrapper now…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

… Hmm.

It's an unusual sort of hit I suppose.

But not a favourite…

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What kind of crazed, brilliant genius thought of this then?’ is closed to new replies.