Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What Kiddie Seat
  • Lucas
    Free Member

Our 11 month old son wants to come out on the bike with me so he needs a seat.

I really like the look of the ones that go in front of you on the top tube as I think he'll be more involved rather than stuck behind me.

What's good?

StuF

We've got a couple of the hamax one that go on the back. Our kids loved it. Youngest (2 and a bit) managed 5 hours in one on sunday!

pedalhead
    Free Member

Daughter #1 loved it, and now daughter #2 is big enough to ride in my Safe-T-Seat . I much prefer front mounted seats, although the thought of what would happen in an accident is a bit scary. Ride careful!

trb
    Free Member

The top tube ones are good, but by design need to be smaller than the rear seats, so he'll grow out of it quick and you'll end up buying a rear seat anyway.

We've got one of these on my town bike for short trips, which little trb loves
    http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/product-Leco-Leco-Multifit-Top-Tube-Mounting-Child-Seat-12571.htm
    and a Co pilot Limo rear rack mounted seat on the mtb for proper rides

Captain-Pugwash
    Free Member

I've got one of these in my garage that I never used the set is a bit dusty but it is unused , my boy went straight from a scooter to a bike so I'm going to sell it for £110 posted BUT your little one isn't old enough for it. If I were you look at second hand trailers to pop him in until their neck muscles are stronger… IMO of course.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24349

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

ive got a wee ride in the garage you can have for £40 fantastic thing and as you said much more fun to have little one up front.

Lucas
    Free Member

Thanks guys – I think he'll need more support than the one at SJS cycles, and I think he's a way off yours Pugwash.

Merchant I might take you up on that offer – we saw a guy with one of those at h etweekend and that was what got me thinking. Is it in decent condition? if so and the £40 includes delivery we'll have it, send me a mail: lbateson at bgs.ac.uk.

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Hi lucas its in fantastic condition and comes boxed as we have 2, unfortunately price does not include postage until i have checked how much it will cost. but if you want to split it 50/50 thats fine by me.

Lucas
    Free Member

Hi Merchant – 50:50 split is fine so I'll take it. Can you send me an email (in post above – take out hte spaces and replace the 'at' with a @) and we can sort out payment (bank transfer is best for me).

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Hi lucas tried to email you all day,keeps saying domain is offline and cannot be reached.
    mail me on
    xc-idiot@tiscali.co.uk
    Andrew

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

lucas if you work in seismology i may have just sent you an email. if not then someones going to wonder whats going on.

outby
    Free Member

got a wee ride the little one loves it. got it when she was 11 month old.

carlosg
    Free Member

We used a weeride too , they do get in the way a little bit but you won't be riding in a mad way with your pride and joy in the seat.

The only problem we found was when we did the full 'Camel trail' in Cornwall 2 years ago. A 3 year old gets extremly floppy when tired/asleep and as the weeride sits the child quite upright they tend to fall forward. We ended up letting him lean forward onto the pad and made a pilllow with one spare top and tied him on with another.

Nowadays we have a tag-a-long that he loves and 2 weeks ago he got onto 2 wheels unaided 😀

Spaceman
    Free Member

Luke, you can have Roddy's old weeride seat for a small donation to Jo's charity cycle in Vietnam if you want, say 20bucks? It's been well used but is still sound. (Neil here btw!)

Lucas
    Free Member

Hi Neil, I'll email you later in the week when I'm back from Utrecht

bigdawg
    Free Member

pugwash Im after one of them do you still have it??

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What Kiddie Seat’ is closed to new replies.