Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What Jockey wheels fit the bottom pulley of an X9 mech?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

that don’t seize and drag the mech into the spokes? 2nd time this has happened in 5 rides, 2 mech hangers and one dead mech.

z1ppy

I reckon “any” (tension type) jockey wheel should fit the bottom one, though I haven’t had chance to experiment.
    AS the fitting is centred, I can’t see it being a problem.

Haven’t tried cause the ‘plastic like’ allen key bolt head deformed on mine, so I was forced to unseize my jockey wheel in situ & have ignore it since…

singletrackmind

Try some Tacx ones from UKbikestore. £16 give or take. Proper sealed bearings , and come with several sets ofend plates. This makes them universal fit fot X9 and X0 rear mechs. I always fill the gap between the bearings and the end caps with white grease, so that it squeezes out when tightened.
    Not used them long enough / over winter so cannot give you a guarentee on longevity

AndyPaice
    Free Member

theX9 mech I had was a standard lower wheel (bolt through the centre of the wheel) and the upper pulley was an eccentric mounted pulley (bolt was off centre).

I used an old shimano wheel on the lower position with no problems, but the upper wheel would need to be the proper sram X9 one.

Just make sure the pulley has the correct no of teeth as they usually come in 10t or 11t models

CountZero

BBB do replacement sets of bearings for X7/9/0 which are around £9-£10 per set of two. My six-year old X9 has had one jockey replaced due to a tooth being snapped off, so I’m getting a set of these as a back-up just in case.

Junkyard
    Free Member

any 11 tooth will do..you having some bad luck with these mine are going fine after 12 mths use including winter

AndyPaice
    Free Member

“My six-year old X9 has had one jockey replaced due to a tooth being snapped off, so I’m getting a set of these as a back-up just in case. “

How do you make jockey wheels last 6 years!!! Mine last about 3 to 5 months at best 🙁

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

I have used the jockey wheels from an X7 mech into an x9 they are the same. Including the eccentric top fixing wheel.

specializedneeds

Second that – just make sure you keep the metal covers from either side of the wheel from the X9 mech, or you’ll have to open up the fixing holes on the X7 ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What Jockey wheels fit the bottom pulley of an X9 mech?’ is closed to new replies.