Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • What job would you do if you had the chance?
  • ourmaninthenorth

I’ve been a corporate lawyer for 10 years. I no longer have the capacity to dream….

(Though I did once want to be a journalist.)

EDIT: forget the picture – imagine selling your soul….

peterfile
    Free Member

Stop whinging and get back to your desk OMITN

I no longer have the capacity to dream

You really have been institutionalised 😉

When I was on holiday last week I met a girl who was about to start her 2nd year at law school and was looking for advice re jobs (a friend said I was a lawyer, I never do, always a dolphin trainer). I never know what to say! Erm, prepare yourself for a long hard look in the mirror in a few years, wondering what the hell has happened 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I’d like to be a successful painter or professional musician.. when I younger I thought that either of these jobs would be loads of fun with very little hard work..

I was wrong about that.. If only I knew then what I know now

harrisp
    Free Member

I’d like to be a gamekeeper or similar. Far from the best paid sort of job but would suit me perfectly.

thered

I’d like to be involved in the import and distribution of niche cycle goods tbh.

ourmaninthenorth

You really have been institutionalised

just spotted that – you’re right!

Had two interviews today: internal for a consulting role*, and another legal role at a global business.

where to turn?

*Would be keen to do this one, but I think politics are playing a key role.

peterfile
    Free Member

consulting would be great.

I work with a guy in one of our Dutch offices, really intelligent and experienced lawyer. Over the years he has found himself being looked to more and more as a commercial guy. So he now consults as a “commercial director” and no one comes to him for commercial advice any more 🙂

What sort of business is the global?

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘What job would you do if you had the chance?’ is closed to new replies.