Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • What Jackets were you all wearing in the rain this weekend
  • ben
    Free Member

+1 Endura Event jacket

rootes1

Suit jacket, set off nicely with a shirt and tie.

This was at the Brompton World Championships mind.

Oh, and it’s a rubbish combo for riding in the rain.

I put my suit in the wash with some Nikwax the night before… worked well and stopped the rain soaking in too much..

came 20th as well! great event despite the crap weather..

As for proper jackets I have a Endura Helium – works well and a good fit.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

For the bike – Altura Reflex – it’s brilliant.

Off the Bike – lovely green (very green) Nprthface shell or if it’s cold, Finisterre Storm Track.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wasnt riding this weekend – I was walking in the Black Mountains.

Lovely on Saturday – from 3am on Sunday onwards though it was solid water.

I was testing my new Marmot Stretch Man jacket (£140 ish) as a layering water proof shell. It was bloody ace – From when I packed the bivvy/tarp at 6am until I got to the cafe in Hay-on-Wye at 10:30 Id been walking through solid driving rain and only my cuffs had got damp.

It has a built in hood with stiff peak so no good for riding (except helmetless commuting), but really pleased with it for a 3 season walking jacket.

Another top performer were my Berghaus Deluge waterproof trousers – kept me bone dry and are pretty good for breathable. Again they double as my commute waterproofs.

http://www.outdooraction.co.uk/acatalog/BERGHAUS_DELUGE_WATERPROOF_TROUSERS__2010_.html

elaineanne
    Free Member

wot black mountain are those then stoner ? (i guess you’d be very camoflauged wearing the above pic then !….. no one wud see u in an emergency (hope you had a couple of snap sticks with you, failing that… an iluminous yo-yo ! :mrgreen:

Stoner
    Free Member

you aint seen me, roight?

😉

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘What Jackets were you all wearing in the rain this weekend’ is closed to new replies.