Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What insurance other than M&S
  • toys19
    Free Member

So given the horror that is developing over M&S insurance in this thread is there an alternative to M&S insurance?

Or is the OP of that thread wrong, and M&S will still be OK?

IamSam
    Free Member

co-op

Harry_the_Spider

I’m renewing this weekend. So the co-op is worth a look eh?

toys19
    Free Member

But Harry you said on the other thread that M&S was ok with you, when was this claim?

Harry_the_Spider

Feb this year. The assessor was from a division of Curries or Comet IIRC and the price offered was fair.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m renewing at the moment. Interested in alternatives too. Incidentally, the M&S online quote system is totally borked at the moment.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Try Hiscox.

toys19
    Free Member

Coop-£2k limit and does not cover stuff away from home.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m with Zurich. Bikes are specified items.

ben
    Free Member

I’ve had to claim twice with M&S this year. No issues dealing with them at all. Wheelies were a bit slow and painful to deal with when replacing a bike but I’ll be renewing with M&S again this year..

mintimperial

I’m with Co-op, although I probably won’t be for much longer. Don’t know what they’re like for bikes specifically, but the overall experience of making a claim with them was godawful.

We had a reasonably pricey laptop nicked last year. Getting it replaced was like pulling teeth, it took flipping ages, they completely screwed it up (twice) when passing it over to their similarly incompetent third-party fulfilment people, who would only do PC World/Currys vouchers, and once the excess was taken off it wasn’t worth the bother. By the time this year’s fantastically inflated premium came in I wished I’d just taken the hit myself. Only stayed with them because I don’t have time to shop around right now.

cabeaumont
    Free Member

John Lewis (used to be called GreenBee)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What insurance other than M&S’ is closed to new replies.