Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • What is your side hustle?
  • djambo
    Free Member

I have made a bit of £ over the years from doing the odd photography job here and there. It’s just a hobby but every now and then I get offered a paid job.

A mate of mine makes quite a bit from ebaying – buying and selling.

I’m interested to hear what your side hustles are. What do you do in your spare time that supplements your income and do you harbor ambitions to quit the day job and go full time with it one day?

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Tutoring, is nothing worth writing home over but over a year it will pay for my summer Wales adventure.

fasthaggis

life model

lunge

Fixing mates bikes mainly. I don’t get much money but I do get a good amount of beer. Writing CV’s falls into a similar category.

loddrik
    Free Member

Erm. I barely have a main hussle let alone a side one.

I tidy the house now and them and hope thewife doesn’t bollock me for not doing a good enough job.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

pole dancing

fasthaggis

^^^

mikewsmith
    Free Member

bit of bartering with the bike shop

willard

Side hustle? Hardly.

I’m part of the Army Reserve, but would not really class that as a hustle.

soobalias
    Free Member

income tax snitch.

Stoner
    Free Member

basic plumbing for mates. Changing radiators, fitting taps or new pipe runs etc. I dont really do it for the money much, but if I make a few quid it goes on some tools like a pressure tester pump or spare fittings for my spares drawer.

Cougar

Fixing mates bikes mainly. I don’t get much money but I do get a good amount of beer.

Fixing mates’ computers mainly. I don’t get much money but I do get a good amount of beer.

(and by “mates” I mean the mate of the hairdresser of someone who a cousin met once.)

chambord
    Free Member

I put waders on and get the duck weed out of granny’s pond. She doesn’t pay me but normally does a roast leg of lamb and rhubarb crumble.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

stunt dick

ajantom

Used to be DJing, but having a kid put paid to late nights out really! £100-150 for a 2 hour set used to be a nice little earner every couple of weeks 😉

Playing in a 7 piece band however barely pays the petrol costs!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chambord wins!

freeagent
    Free Member

I used to do a bit of woodwork, but it stopped when we had kids/etc.
    Now my Dad has moved from a big house with a workshop, into a flat, the woodwork tools are all stashed in my garage (Lathe, radial arm saw, pillar drill, big bandsaw, etc) I’m planning on getting back on it soon.

ton

bit of buying and selling….enough to keep my never ending list of bikes I want to try going.

footflaps

I help people get rid of ‘problems’ as well as side line in patios….

kayak23

I make stuff for friends. Currently close to finishing some banisters for a good pair of friends.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I used to write blogs for Cognation, paid a small amount in gift vouchers for my LBS.

Did a bit of freelance work for a business research firm – they paid me £250 an hour to spill the beans on my former employer – we didn’t split on good terms, in fact they ripped me off a few grand in bonuses and cooked up a crooked redundancy to get rid of me so I had no problem doing it, frankly I’d done it for free if they asked me. Made about a grand out of it all-told.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I sell diet plans through internet forums.

leffeboy

Fixing mates’ computers mainly. I don’t get much money but I do get a good amount of beer

I used to do that but it turns out that they then think it is your job to fix anything that goes wrong with it from that point on. Now only do it for very close friends

woody2000

Pimp

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Superhero. I’m not in it for the money, I’m in it for the kicks

wwaswas

Superhero. I’m not in it for the money, I’m in it for the kicks kecks

ftfy

Northwind

I’m a gunrunner. I’ve supplied weapons, ammunition and equipment to the UK armed forces, though I drew the line at sending them to israel. Yes, the used nerf gun business is a strange but strangely profitable one. Doesn’t make a huge amount, but paid for my last bike, and also distracts me from buying more expensive things on ebay

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘What is your side hustle?’ is closed to new replies.