Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what is your favourite piece of music to play (on an instrument)?
  • racefaceec90

as i’m getting my new axe on thursday (only 40 odd hours to go 😀 am just wondering what your favourite tune is to play.i would have to say nothing else matters,as i feel it is the tune,i can play the best.i do enjoy playing spirit of radio also (when i can play it half decent 😉

metalheart
    Free Member

Stairway to heaven, smoke on the water and sweet child o’ mine…

:mrgreen:

mikey3
    Free Member

Playing along to neil youngs down by the river on my harmonica does it for me 🙂

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

Smashing Pumpkins Disarm on the acoustic

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t played either in years but would have been Joplin’s Entertainer on peenano or Minstrel Boy on bagpipes.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Minho Waltz from the Chieftains’ Santiago album on the penny whistle.

I pretty much gave up playing the whistle after nailing this tune because it was at the absolute limit of my capabilities and there was nowhere left to go after it. It was like completing a game.

Klunk
    Free Member

never playing that again, fleetw00d mac

chojin
    Free Member

Classical Gas. Just wish I was any good at it!

TheFlyingOx

Londonderry Air, on euphonium, with full brass band accompaniment.
    Sends a shiver down my spine either playing or listening.

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Aerodynamic by Daft Punk. On my piano. Been trying for a while, but it’s a lot harder on piano than on guitar (my friend played it well almost straight away on his guitar).

I’ll get it one day.

voodoo_chile

please me like you want to by ben harper …..top tune

IanMunro
    Free Member

Kumbaya.

iDave
    Free Member

not hard but Chopins Ballade no. 1 on the glockenspiel, with my knob

emsz
    Free Member

I luv doing “where is my mind” on the acoustic, as it’s really easy, and you can really rock out!! LOL. (plus it’s really easy to show people, so you get big bonus points from Pixies fans for teaching them). I like blackbird as well, really cool tune, and the man who sold the earth (nirvana stylee!!)

I used to be able to do a pretty good version of the intro to voodoo chile, on a leccy (learned it ‘cos dad luvs it) it’s a really good show off, and it shuts the staff up up when you play it in guitar shops (and they suddenly pay you attention hehehehehe )

iDave
    Free Member

I like playing Lucky by Radiohead, Everlong by Foo Fighters, Fearless by Pink Floyd and the Lament for Owen Roe O’Neill (last 2 in quite nice tunings and not quite to John Renbourn standard)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwlRqTk3ir8&feature=related[/video]

*much swoonage at emsz*

skywalker
    Free Member

Been learning this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaoH25TaM-c&feature=related[/video]

Quite like plating this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k[/video]

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what is your favourite piece of music to play (on an instrument)?’ is closed to new replies.