Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • what is your favourite bike frame material?
  • racefaceec90

which do you prefer the most to ride.have been thinking what mine is.at present it would probably be aluminium (both my favourite bike that i have owned a cannondale f800 ht and my current anthem x2) but closely followed by steel (my first 2 mountain bikes 1988 dawes ascent 501 tubed bike,1992 marin eldridge grade (loved that bike 😀 i have also ridden carbon (2008 s works ht frame)but to be honest prefer the rides of aluminium/steel. i am going to be getting (after p/xing my current frame) a charge duster titanium frame (within the next 6 months hopefully) as have always lusted after a titanium bike,so my view might be changed later 😉 what do you prefer the most?

yossarian
    Free Member

Weapons grade cheese

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Metal.

trail_rat
    Free Member

turnips and duckspit

j_me
    Free Member

Pasta

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Carbon for roadbikes, steel for hardtails, aluminium for full sus.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I’d second cheese. It dose become a little flexy in hot climates though.

khani
    Free Member

I don’t care as long as it rides nice, had ally, carbon and steel suss and hardtail frames over the years and the biggest differences were more about the geometry rather than the material,
    Not tried TI as I’ve an irrational fear of them breaking, not sure why as they are supposed to be stronger, but I do

Jamie
    Free Member

Unobtanium.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

wood

I’m not sure, but I think this is a new one from on-one

fasthaggis

Save the planet dude

tk46hal
    Free Member

Scandium because it’s as strong and as flexible and in most cases lighter than Titanium, but doesn’t cost as much!

fasthaggis

Excellent cable routing there Nixon 🙂

Northwind

Hype

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

Carbon for roadbikes, steel for hardtails, aluminium for full sus.

+1

DeeJay
    Free Member

Steel is a great material for making bike frames – so is aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium

I knew this thread would be useful 😆

LeeW

Quavers for road bikes, Cumulus clouds for mountain hard tails and tupences for fullsussers

anto164
    Free Member

People actually ride bikes? I thought the whole fun was just to sit on the internet saying that you do, not actually going out…..

racefaceec90

anto164 at the moment that is me 😳

aracer
    Free Member

unobtanium*

* I should clarify that what most people call “unobtanium” is actually an aluminium alloy with a very small quantity of unobtanium included, so has properties very similar to aluminium

clubber
    Free Member

my favourite frame material is recycled bike industry frame material bs with a side helping of steel/ti pixie dust to give those magical ride properties..

bike material as a determining factor in how a frame will ride is simply off the mark.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Deep fried fanny batter

clubber
    Free Member

I find that a bit of a soggy ride…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘what is your favourite bike frame material?’ is closed to new replies.