Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)
  • what is your fav JoBurt cartoon
  • hora
    Free Member

Blame JoB for recreating the Yorkie humping a cushion in my mind 😯

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm gutted i don't have the mint t-shirt i had when i was younger, even more so the pic jo drew for me at bike 95. 🙂

my favourite was the one from one of the calendars, i think, where mint's at the top of a ridiculously steep ascent, leaning right over the front and the bike curled underneath. probably makes more sense in my mind's eye!

theflatboy
    Free Member

that was pretty easy to find! now my desktop wallpaper. 😀

fadda

A book! A book! Yes, please! (waves a roll of notes)

marsdenman
    Free Member

@theflatboy – reminds me of me, following you guys up the hill the other week – or, being dragged around the FOD this last week 😀
    either way, tis now my desktop, kicked Summer off, cos it seems she's all but disappeared, for this year anyway… 😉

beb

this is such a good thread!

so many great ones 'thanks dad' and 'killing time' on here are brilliant, I also love the 'mendip brothers' and 'fridge suck' ones.

I can remember some really old school ones from my chilhood but can't find them online, on where Mint has handlebars as wide as the start line and another where he straps two bed mattresses to him before a big jump; would love to see them again.

EDIT – I'd so buy the book too when it comes out!!

hora
    Free Member

Signed Prints please. Pretty please. 🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Jo if Mint doesn't bring you any (much) money might I suggest STW offer you something, as I know quite a few people who only buy MBUK to see your work.

stevio

hmm lots of old Mint Calendars under desk @ work – must get scanning tomorrow morning….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

How portentous that Jo drew some wind turbines on the Mendip Brothers. I'm sure there wasn't one on the Mendip at the time, but there is now!

theflatboy
    Free Member

stevio – Member

hmm lots of old Mint Calendars under desk @ work – must get scanning tomorrow morning….

save yourself the trouble: http://homepage.mac.com/pfellows1/thisiswhy/index.html

🙂

geetee1972
    Free Member

Not sure if I'm missing something but none of the links on the homepage.mac site seem to work.

hora
    Free Member

Same here. I think its 'Pirates' thats my favourite.

theflatboy
    Free Member

they all work for me, gt – at least the ones i've tried have all seemed to.

edit – actually i only clicked on a couple of the calendars and they worked ok, the rest don't seem to.

ononeorange

I'd never really seen Mint Suace before – I obviously don't get the "wrong" mags – but this thread is excellent! Converted now.

Now i can join in – Hurry up with the book!!

scotia
    Free Member

just tried thisiswhyand it doesnt work for me 🙁

c'mon JoB..we need this book!

daffyduck
    Free Member

just noticed this thread…must do something with all the mint sauce pics stored in the filing cabinet. In terms of favs I like the one where mint has just had a stack and he and his bike are in a bit of bother – the Reality Squadron are hovering menacingly overhead. Also any with Summer in, she is lovely.
    Who mentioned a mint book? Yes please!!!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I used to read the correct mag for a regular does of mint sauce. I was even in the fan club as a nipper. Then I got bored of the mag despite still enjoying mint.

Came across a strip recently where mint rides along until the last scene at the bottom of the hill and finds a line of "dudes" waiting for the uplift. Reminded me of the monty python sketch about the milk men.

Miny has still got it!

+1 on the book.

Really liked firdge suck and road bike from years ago. The dad teaching him to ride one was great as well. Reminds me of my late gran buying me my firts (and most after that) bike.

Viewing 18 posts - 161 through 178 (of 178 total)

The topic ‘what is your fav JoBurt cartoon’ is closed to new replies.