Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What is Wharncliffe Side like?
  • jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Not just the riding but more the place?

Are there lots of chavs or is it a nice area?

Would you want to live there?

antigee

dull would be simplest, mixed, largest employer is papermill so to use an americanism predominantly "blue collar" with handful younger professional families, school is good – small intake, quite an aging population, good bus link to sheffield, cycle commute on A6102 requires an aggressive/defensive style, shopping in stocksbridge and hilsborough is so so, food at pub is ok,chinese is ok, post office closes wednesday afternoon and stocks 3 or more different classic tractor mags to cater for the rural folks who will run you down as they need to get back to exercise their horse, most kids are good no vandalism – some old system build maisonettes that sometimes get used to house problem families but more likely hardworking rather than chav

some houses prone to run off flooding email in profile

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Thanks antigee

Much as I thought, Lived in Hillsborough and didn't remember anything about Wharncliffe. Was sure I would remember if it had a bad reputation. It may end up being a good spot to comute from for me, so wanted to check it hadn't turned into pitsmoor.

Si
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with Pitsmoor…

Pook

Pitsmoor's good enough for the Fonz. He had a curry up there last week

docrobster
    Free Member

Lots of nice houses in the floodplain of the river don going cheap cheap cheap?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What is Wharncliffe Side like?’ is closed to new replies.