Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • What is Tommy Robinson (soon to be former EDL leader) up to?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Meeting with Quilliam? Leaving the EDL?

Should we care what he does?

Bregante

He’s reforming the band apparently

“2-4-6-8……”

IanMunro
    Free Member

I don’t think he’s up to anything. The view’s he just expressed on Newsnight are pretty consistent with other times I’ve heard him be interviewed. He’s always struck me as quite reasonable (that’s not to say I agree with him, but he’s never struck me as a racist nutter). Unfortunately I suspect a large proportion of EDL have maybe put less thought into their views.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha! There was a reason for my phrase in brackets Breggie. Still couldn’t resist bizzyin’ around though. 😀

matt_outandabout

I suspect he has met a few of these in the EDL, and wonders when they are waiting in his:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Unfortunately I suspect a large proportion of EDL have maybe put less thought into their views.

😕 The EDL organises piss ups for young male bigots who fancy a ruck. That’s what they do. How much “thought into their views” would you expect them to make ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I have no expectations of them ernie.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Meeting with Quilliam? Leaving the EDL?
    he’s on a journey with others from different backgrounds

Should we care what he does?

probably a lot more than we should care what Owen Jones does

he managed to crystallize the views of many and mobilise them on to the streets, his problem was that he attracted people who he says have views he can’t/ won’t be associated with (racists and Nazi’s)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

probably a lot more than we should care what Owen Jones does

😕

jkomo

I think he should stick to ‘Time Team’.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

AFAIK he has non white friends & IIRC he set it up to express his views to incorporate Briton as it stood at the time & include all creeds/races as he couldn’t take his non white mates to other racist events, & to defend it from what he saw as a threatening future.
    Now I know that statement just made me look like a bigot, but I’m not, I hate all politics & I really don’t care to much for our standpoint in Europe, I would just like a better standard of living & for all the money I have to give to the government to be spent on things other than scroungers, I never signed up to be a humanitarian & I don’t wish to become one.
    Sorry.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

his problem was that he attracted people who he says have views he can’t/ won’t be associated with (racists and Nazi’s)

How do you think he’s managed to attract racists and Nazis ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Because the BNP were a bit too wishy-washy liberal?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Moving into main stream politics maybe?
    Ukip?
    He’s up to something.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

How do you think he’s managed to attract racists and Nazis ?

extremist people/groups tag on to groups who can provide them an excuse for a fight, a bit like the anti Nazi groups who counter protest the EDL demo, who have groups turning up to their demonstrations to fight the Nazi’s tagged on original demo.

what is your theory?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what is your theory?

Well I haven’t had time to develop a theory yet as you’ve only just mentioned that the EDL attracts racists and Nazis. I hadn’t really thought about it but I guess the EDL must fit in nicely with their views. Otherwise I don’t think racists and Nazis would be attracted to them.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Well I haven’t had time to develop a theory yet as you’ve only just mentioned that the EDL attracts racists and Nazis. I hadn’t really thought about it but I guess the EDL must fit in nicely with their views. Otherwise I don’t think racists and Nazis would be attracted to them.

what’s your theory for the violent groups attracted by “anti” demonstrations?

Lifer
    Free Member

IanMunro – Member
    He’s always struck me as quite reasonable

😆

Searchlight magazine identified the “Tommy Robinson” involved with the EDL as Lennon, and reported that he had served a twelve-month prison sentence for assaulting an off-duty police officer who had intervened to stop a domestic incident between Lennon and his partner Jenna Vowles. He has been convicted for drug offences, and in 2005 for assault.

On 24 August 2010, Robinson was involved in a fight between supporters of Luton Town and Newport County in Luton, on the evening the two clubs played at Kenilworth Road. Lennon reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting the 100-man brawl, during which he chanted “EDL till I die”. Eleven months later, in July 2011, he was convicted of having used “threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour” on the night of the incident. He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order and a three-year ban from attending football matches. He was also sentenced to 150 hours’ unpaid work, and ordered to pay £650 in costs.

On 29 September 2011 he was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year.

On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest against the ban on wearing a poppy for the England team on the rooftop of the FIFA building in Zurich. He was fined £3000 and jailed for three days.

On 28 November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation in relation to a mortgage application.

On 7 January 2013 Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else’s passport—”possession of a false identity document with improper intention”—to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced to 10 months imprisonment. He was sentenced under the name of Stephen Lennon, but the judge added that he suspected it was not his true name, in the sense that it was not the name on his own passport (not the borrowed one), Paul Harris. Robinson was released on electronic tag on 22 February 2013.

dandax1990
    Free Member

The EDL attracts racists just like the MDL attracts extremists and so on…

About 4 years ago I went to the Preston demonstration with a few lads I used to knock about with. The only trouble that kicked off that day was when a scuffle broke out towards the area they were giving a speech due to Tommy and a fair few others handing a group of about 20 lads over to the police due to them throwing nazi salutes.

Apart from that I didn’t see any violence and racism just a lot of people agreeing with the points Tommy and the others were making, which weren’t racist although I’m prepared for most of you to tell me they are.

Lifer
    Free Member

big_n_daft – Member

They don’t like a bunch of bussed-in pissed up racist thugs marching round* their towns?

*smashing up

Lifer
    Free Member

The word of the day is evidently ‘Revisionist’.

bencooper
    Free Member

Apart from that I didn’t see any violence and racism just a lot of people agreeing with the points Tommy and the others were making, which weren’t racist although I’m prepared for most of you to tell me they are.

What points?

dandax1990
    Free Member
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

That they don’t like racists and Nazis ?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Lifer – Member

They don’t like a bunch of bussed-in pissed up racist thugs marching round* their towns?

*smashing up

that will make it perfectly justifiable and acceptable conduct in a open democracy then.

or are both groups just different sides of the same coin?

bencooper
    Free Member

The EDL promotes the understanding of Islam and the implications for non-Muslims forced to live alongside it. Islam is not just a religious system, but a political and social ideology that seeks to dominate all non-believers and impose a harsh legal system that rejects democratic accountability and human rights.

So which bit of that isn’t racist?

dandax1990
    Free Member

That they don’t like racists and Nazis ?

LOL, What about the fact that they have ‘members’ who are equally as racist as the minority of the racists in the EDL?

dandax1990
    Free Member

According to the Qur’an, What that says is true though, Ain’t it?

bencooper
    Free Member

According to the Qur’an, What that says is true though, Ain’t it?

No.

And “forced” to live alongside Islam?

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_D9J685CQ[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LOL, What about the fact that they have ‘members’ who are equally as racist as the minority of the racists in the EDL?

So the counter demonstrators are also racist ?

Gosh this is getting confusing.

Lifer
    Free Member

Can’t wait for this one…

dandax1990
    Free Member

A lot of them are yes, believe it or not. Unless if shouting ‘white bast*rds’ and so on, is not racist?

And yeah ‘forced’ as in, there was no choice in the matter for someone who didn’t want to?

bencooper
    Free Member

And yeah ‘forced’ as in, there was no choice in the matter for someone who didn’t want to?

So not racist, just don’t want to live next door to a Muslim?

dandax1990
    Free Member

Maybe they don’t agree with what the religion stands for/preaches?

Lifer
    Free Member

What does Islam stand for?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So let me get this right……..racists are attracted to the anti-racist counter demonstrations because they don’t like racists ?

dandax1990
    Free Member

Lifer, You posting that video is just the same as me posting this?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgKMI1wV0ps[/video]

grum
    Free Member

I would just like a better standard of living & for all the money I have to give to the government to be spent on things other than scroungers, I never signed up to be a humanitarian & I don’t wish to become one.

*sigh*

Yet again – the proportion of the total benefits bill that goes to ‘scroungers’ is very small (most goes to pensioners and those in work), and unless you earn over about £45,000 a year chances are you are a net beneficiary not a contributor.

And I imagine your standard of living is pretty good – what with living in the 7th richest country in the world and all.

I thought STW was supposed to be full of ‘lefties’ – surprising amount of support for racist football hooligans on here.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Read the Qua’rn if you wish to know.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘What is Tommy Robinson (soon to be former EDL leader) up to?’ is closed to new replies.