• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What is this spider?
  • soma_rich
    Free Member

Link to higher res
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qqAeIjtKjc4/UFMAiLzT-UI/AAAAAAAABbc/zrEHQYZ2BTk/s576/2012-09-14_08-11-37_779.jpg

was quite a fast little guy. I have never seen one before.

Paulio
    Free Member
    muckytee
    Free Member

Woodlouse spider I think

Lactic
    Free Member

Let it bite you. If it hurts like hell its a wood louse spider.

scaredypants

I wouldn’t worry what it is, unless that’s a palm tree it’s next to 😯

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thanks guys 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

Woodlouse spider

Good god that’s like the missing link between spider and tick… #eewwwwww#

teasel
    Free Member

I thought that type are a variant of the swamp spider – Dysdera crocata according to a book in front of me at present. Says they’re found wherever there’s a large quantity of woodlice so definitely its ‘street name’.

Can bite but not as painful as a large house spider IME…

soma_rich
    Free Member

We do seem to have a lot of woodlice in the garden. I hope he/she has a few friends.

brakes
    Free Member

we get a crazy amount of spiders.
    some of them are monsters (by UK standards), I’m always concerned that they’ve escaped from a crate of bananas.
    I sent this first one packing because I was worried it might steal my baby. The second one crawled out when I was fumigating the shed to get rid of the millions of spiders that had congregated there.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I get quite a few false widdows in my shed. The amount of dead things they have in their silk is unreal.

When resurfacing my shed roof recently I must have found 10 different spiders all big and mean.

_tom_
    Free Member

Brakes, if I saw that first one in my house I would have to kill it with fire, then maybe burn down the rest of the house to make sure there were no others.

brakes
    Free Member

I wear it’s severed head on a chain round my neck as a warning to other baby-eating spiders.

DezB
    Free Member

WCA got bitten by one of those IIRC.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What is this spider?’ is closed to new replies.