Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What is this bike? (retro content)
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

A colleague of mine has this in his shed, the frame doesn’t look like anything brilliant to me but the kit on it seems pretty good so I’m curious as to what it is, plus he is thinking of selling it so wants to know what it is!

Loads more pics in the album, any ideas?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I’m thinking Merlin Malt1 build?

*Edit – nah, the rear control cable routing is on the top of the seatstay on OP frame, think that early non-disc Malts had it routed under the stay. I’m no Sherlock and that was my best try sorry!

garage-dweller

STX RC (cranks) was the Deore/SLX of its day and I would guess but not that sure from the crank shape that they are late 1990s probably 98/99 as I have some xts in a box from that era that are very similar. In fact maybe those are a year or so newer (trickle down and all that)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Looks like a USE shockpost on there. Could be a Merlin or even a destickered handsome dog ? Cant see what Forks they are, but budget merlins had RST forks and then RS jetts maybe?

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Forks are Ronds by the look of it. Tbh it looks like a buy to split and thus any buyer would be looking for a bargain. It won’t raise any particular interest from a retro point of view.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Agricultural looking dropouts and a mirror finish frame, pre-discs…

Looks like a CALOI, 1993 vintage as a guess.

They were a Brazilian bike manufacturer.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Looks like an old Scott…or maybe a carrera.

epicyclo

I have (in Oz) a Diamondback that looks just like that frame, including mirror finish. It was bought after the race from a team at the World Cup in Cairns in 1996. (They sold off a lot of the race gear, probably to save freight). Very light but not very comfy. The only identifier is stamped on the dropout.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What is this bike? (retro content)’ is closed to new replies.