Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What IS this bike? (Altura advert pics)
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I've become quite obsessed with its curvy, swoopy whiteness, but have no clue what it is.. Any ideas?

Closeness:

Mike
    Free Member

Endorfin someat – dunno enough about the brand to tell you what model it is

Kahurangi

Since the question is half answered, can we bring up how stupid the model looks?

He's selling waterproof gear but the ground is as dry as it ever gets up here.

Designer unshaven/5 0'clock shadow but SHAVED LEGS ugh.

And who set up his forks??

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cheers! Fair point about the model and advert sillyness too… 🙂

Edit: I think I may have found my New Favorite Bike. Endorfins appear to rule!!

robhughes
    Free Member

have the forks shrunk in the wash.

MrPottatoHead

Er….you guys do know that forks are supposed to compress when you hit a bump right!?

The guy must be thirsty though. Camelbak and drinks bottles-crazy.

forgotmename
    Free Member

"Er….you guys do know that forks are supposed to compress when you hit a bump right!"
    But the legs DO look very short, dont they, or is it just me, they arent supposed to compress between the qr and arch. unless its a 20inch front wheel!

james
    Free Member

"you guys do know that forks are supposed to compress when you hit a bump right!?"
    He's not hit a bump though has he, and even if they are set at 85mm (though I suspect that they may be set at 100mm as rebas of that age came supplied) thats about half way through the travel?

I never really got why a pretty full on XC hardtail (with a massive drop between saddle and (narrow flat) bars has panaracer rampages on it, its not like its really going to getting the best of them, mostly just slowing it down surely?

grumm
    Free Member

Where's the curves and swoopiness?

bikerbruce
    Free Member

its andy pattison of altura pattison training…

yunki
    Free Member

yeah the lowers are very definitely shorter than 13" from axle to top of arch begging the question how has he managed to fit a 26" wheel in there..

My art teacher at school would have called it 'forshortening' or perspective in the real world..

JonR
    Free Member

I smell photoshop

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Where's the curves and swoopiness?

…The swoopy s-shaped rear stays and general round (i.e. not hydroformed) tubeset, gives the frame a look of poised feline suppleness – to my eyes anyway.. 😀

The forks appear that short, because of the 'angle' I took the photo of the advert from, plus I think the page may have had a bit of a runkle in it! In the real image the forks look fine, just maybe a little over-compressed for the terrain. It's the helmet that's been photoshopped black though!

Camelback and bottles must be because he's about to expire from heat exhaustion from riding around in all that waterproof gear on a perfectly warm, dry night.

grumm
    Free Member

…The swoopy s-shaped rear stays and general round (i.e. not hydroformed) tubeset, gives the frame a look of poised feline suppleness

Not getting enough sex at the moment eh? 😛

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What IS this bike? (Altura advert pics)’ is closed to new replies.