Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What is the world record for highest cadence on a bike?
  • jimmers
    Free Member

Whilst looking at gear ratios (yep I am an S/S geek) and translating 29er ratios to 26er equivalent and I used this tool.

The speed chart goes upto 240 rpm which is nuts. My fastest ever is 165rpm going down a steep hill on the fixie and that was involuntary as I didn’t want to crash but I can only spin upto 140 voluntarily if I’m on the turbo.

So what it is the world record (or STW record) for cadence?

GW
    Free Member

doesn’t google say?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

The winners of Rollapaluza events regularly top 220rpm average

I think Matt Crampton’s Rolla record works out at an ave of 260+

jimmers
    Free Member

doesn’t google say?

Nope.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Think matt crampton recorded 254rpm

http://www.rollapaluza.com/2009/02/22/matt-crampton-smashes-rollapaluza-recordin-pictures/

I got 205 when i had a go at rollapaluza

Now, this is quick!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVbwngNoHm0[/video]

stuey
    Free Member

I so wanted one of them to slip sideways off the rollers – 65mph across the gym anyone?

<< into a hay bale or a soft cushion for safety>>

ton

jimmers
    how do you count your rpm at that speed when going down a hill?

stever
    Free Member

About 190 downhill on fixed for me. ton you don’t need to count – you can work it out from a calibrated speedo.

I can usefully ‘pedal’ about 140+ish

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

Ooooh, 254 rpm, i’ve got a way to go then, was wondering what the highest cadence was too, hit 191 rpm while messing about on the turbo (measured with Garmin cadence thingy) .

jimmers
    Free Member

how do you count your rpm at that speed when going down a hill?

Speed computer and a calculator. Get the max speed off the computer and work it out.

rollapaluza
    Free Member

Matt’s recorded cadence of 254 was an average over the 500m, including his acceleration from the start, his peak cadence will have been higher….

If you wanna see acceleration from zero to max done properly check out Craig Maclean on the Rollapaluza rigs on youtube, looks like he’s up to max cadence in about one and half pedal strokes!

crazy-legs

The top GB guys regularly get up to 260rpm on the Wattbikes, about 250rpm on rollers.

Most “normal” people can get up to about 180 before they fall off rollers or their legs fall apart on the Wattbikes. Experienced track riders are always noticeably better than roadies as well.

TooTall
    Free Member

Or you could just be lucky like me and be able to get an average of 197 rpm at Rollapaluza!

Short stumpy legs seem to be the way forward for spinning tho – trickydisco is testament to that!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Short stumpy legs seem to be the way forward for spinning tho – trickydisco is testament to that!

short stumpy legs. cheeky so and so.. I’ll have you know I’m mr average. 32 inch leg, 32 waist.. and 5’9″.. apparently the most common nmeasurements for the average male

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What is the world record for highest cadence on a bike?’ is closed to new replies.