Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • what is the stiffest full sus bike…………please
  • ton

can anyone rec the strongest stiffest full susser please. 8)

lowey

Probably a Nicoli I'd have thought. But then you will already know that.

sq225917
    Free Member

For what use?

alpin
    Free Member

liteville 301.

it keeps coming out tops in 'steifigkeit' tests in the german mags – and the germans love testing things….

if you're interested i can get more info to you, but i doubt you'll find many/a test ride in the UK.

drooool…….

ton

lowey, **** off……….. 😆
    are they tho??

Vortexracing

Ventana must be one of the stiffest. But then you will already know that

poppa
    Free Member

If you don't like the way the rear wheel moves up and down so much maybe you should try a hardtail. 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

What about them Chumba's progressive bikes do? Gotta be worth a test ride I would have thought…

Dont you have a huge 29'r Ventana's or something?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I reckon either a 29er Ventana or an XL Heckler Tony 😉

ton

also, why are you assuming it is for me……..when it is not.
    it is for a mate from the rugby club, who is gonna start riding, and wants something suitable from the off.
    but he is too small to get a man size bike like me and vortex….. 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brooklyn Race Link…!

duckman

Nah, what you want is a mark one superlight,or one of the first tomacs, that will see him all right. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Something with a DW/VPP/maestro style linkage and swingarm I'd guess.

big stiff triangle front end

big stiff triangulated rear end (in 3-dimensions if you go for a proper bolt through)

Ask orange very nicely to make a 5 with a bolt through rear end? Or maybe an alpine?

ajr
    Free Member

Ventana make smaller FS frames than Chucky's. My Grandson was riding one when he was 4ft 10".

si-wilson
    Free Member

Does he want a full bike or frame? Frame = Chumba XCL! I would say one of THE stiffest 5" frames in existance!

dans160
    Free Member

That frame looks lovely. However, just imagine slipping off of the saddle onto the crossbar just as the suspension compresses moving the link up into your bum or worse man bits and then taking them with it as it returns. Ouch.

ton

showed him a heckler, said it was ugly
    showed him a five, he laughed
    said my ventana looked odd………….checky ****
    i will show him the chumba si……….cheers

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Actually, if you want stiff……

Karpiel!

The Armageddon

ton

flash…….that is a motorbike mate……… 🙄

TimP
    Free Member

What about a "slopestyle" bike, so something like a Kona Bass. Surely they have to be pretty stiff but without full downhill travel

bonesetter
    Free Member

Lenz

VanHalen

my o4 norco shore. fondly named the death barge for its weight, robustness and its ability to ride over just about anything.

pinches
    Free Member

Nicolais are renowned for being one of the stiffest framesets. Read the Kalle Nicolai feature on the front page!

blanche
    Free Member

The Santa Cruz Blur lt Carbon is being bandied about as being stiffer than their v-10 behemoth. Hard to believe but testers reckon it could well be. Looks like a great trail bike. I've got one ordered…

GW
    Free Member

a Hardtail

seriously.

ton

GW
    a Hardtail

seriously.
    i have 4 frames in the garage 2 of which are suitable, but he wants a susser……..

wildrnes
    Free Member

wants and needs are 2 different things
    i'll lend you my strange if you want?

ajr
    Free Member

ton has your mate seen any diddy Ventana frames ?

ton

no alan, is there some on mtbr??
    or your site, or do you have a link mate..

hora
    Free Member

An old style Bullit? DH bikes will be stiffer? Therefore why not run a XL DH frame with XC kit ton-stylee?

A sort of full sus XC on steriods.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

A Banshee Rune…

ajr
    Free Member

ton on mtbr Ventana forum page 3 titled Iris1006's New custom ride. I have pics of other small frames I have sold that I can email you.

hp_source

I've always thought this'd (pronghorn) make a stiff bike, the marketing blurb reckon's so too

joolsburger
    Free Member

I am a (ahem) burly chap.

I've done a fair bit of searching on this and I reckon a Morewood, Bolt through Orange or a Nicolai.

When this one breaks it's a Shova for me. Maybe even one this summer if I'm feeling flush.

neilforrow

hemlock 😯

Kit
    Free Member

Giant Reign.

mboy
    Free Member

On a "more affordable" note, all the Giant range of full suss bikes are very stiff for what they are.

I've got a Reign X (6.7" of travel) which is far stiffer than anything else of a similar travel that I've ridden. The old 4" travel Trances were well known for being pretty overbuilt and very stiff for what they are. Normal Reigns and the newer Trance X's too all very stiff bikes.

And your mate, if he's new to the sport, might be happier dropping £1500 on a whole bike than just on a frame! Perhaps… 😉

druidh
    Free Member

blanche – Member
    The Santa Cruz Blur lt Carbon is being bandied about as being stiffer than their v-10 behemoth. Hard to believe but testers reckon it could well be. Looks like a great trail bike.

That was going to be my suggestion too.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘what is the stiffest full sus bike…………please’ is closed to new replies.