Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • What is the point of eBay feedback…
  • chakaping
    Free Member

if it doesn’t let you leave any when some **** wins your auction and then ignores messages doesn’t pay?

I started dispute, case closed, fees back – but he’s still got 100% feedback. How does that help other buyers?

Grrr

jmason
    Free Member

Too much of this going on at the moment. I have a suspicion these people are trying it on, to see if you will post before payment. Best bet is to avoid eBay and sell somewhere that isn’t going to charge over the top fees an offer poor customer service.

odannyboy
    Free Member

yeah it became very one sided a good while back, but then if people were gonna rip you off they just did it till ebay shut them down, then created a new email, new ebay account and started again…

tails
    Free Member

I save people like that under by favourite sellers until the opportunity arises to repay the favour!

DezB
    Free Member

Bad experience with a buyer and Ebay’s useless policies means I will never sell on there again.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve had mostly good experiences with ebay buyers to be honest, and I’d got a bit fed up with dealing with the dicks who want everything for peanuts or ask for pics and then don’t reply on here.

Just rankles that other buyers will have no idea this guy is a bit dodgy.

chakaping
    Free Member

And that they charge us 10% for such a shit service of course.

Markie
    Free Member

Great thread, aaaaaaaa++++++++++++++.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Because he/she will now have a non-payment registered against their account, and if that bothers you so much go into your eBay settings and set it so no-one with a non-payment can bid on your auction items in the future.

They changed it a while ago so sellers couldn’t give bad feedback because certain sellers (like a certain bike shop we won’t mention) was negging buyers who justifiably complained of their shoddy service/products.

cloudnine
    Free Member

How about a shared STW blocked bidders list.. I have a whole heap of dicks who ive got in my blocked buyers list. If anyone sends me a stupid question or doesnt pay then they go on the blocked list

scuzz
    Free Member

How about a shared STW blocked bidders list.. I have a whole heap of dicks who ive got in my blocked buyers list. If anyone sends me a stupid question or doesnt pay then they go on the blocked list

I will set up and manage a shared stw-classifieds blocked list for you. Just 2% a transaction to query my database.

chakaping
    Free Member

if that bothers you so much go into your eBay settings and set it so no-one with a non-payment can bid on your auction items in the future.

I didn’t realise that – but it doesn’t help anyone else, and as a small-scale private seller I’m unlikely to encounter the same buyer myself.

An STW-wide blacklist might seem like a good idea – but would inevitably end up with everyone in the world on it, for one reason or another.

toppers3933
    Free Member

ebay gave up on sellers a little while ago. they really dont care about you. its all about protecting the buyer because that part of it involves actual money. they couldnt care less if your item goes missing.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

they couldnt care less if your item goes missing.

If your item goes missing your issue is with the courier you chose, not eBay.

I’ve has eBay remove my negative feedback against a buyer when the buyer refused to leave me feedback for my confirmed prompt payment until I had left them positive feedback. Obviously that is blackmail, but eBay sided with the buyer when the buyer complained about my 100% honest neutral (i.e. neither good or bad) feedback.

So eBay certainly does not side with sellers, especially when those sellers put lots of business eBay’s way. Just check the amount of fake and/or illegal and/or misrepresented goods on eBay by ‘Power Sellers’.

toppers3933
    Free Member

wrong choice of words maybe but my point was that if a buyer raises a dispute, it really doesnt matter what the reason is they will side with the buyer over the seller everytime in my experience. this is highlighted perfectly by the fact that the buyer can say whatever they like about the seller but the seller can only say good things or nothing.

cardo

We sell diagnostic equipment all over the world and have done for over 10 years, the only sales we have where customers mess us about is on ebay, not paying, ordering the wrong thing then leaving bad feedback because they chose the incorrect item, rather than pick up the phone and talk about it. Not all customers are bad though and as a buyer i have used ebay for bike kit and got some nice results but generally not a fan at all TBH plus it’s full of fakes.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I didn’t realise that – but it doesn’t help anyone else, and as a small-scale private seller I’m unlikely to encounter the same buyer myself.

It does – their non payment counts towards all their buying. So if someone doesn’t pay someone else, then you can use that information to block them – it doesn’t have to be just repeat buyers from yourself. If everyone blocked people with, say, 2 non-payments, then they might get the message (though a new account soon fixes that issue, alas).

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

So basically they did not want to pay your over inflated price on ebay as a buyer/seller of bikes/bike parts…
    -10/10

chakaping
    Free Member

Ok thanks breatheasy. i get you now.

That is useful actually. shame its not better known.

zbonty

I certainly think its skewed in favour of muppets who wish to mess people about.

Its just so big and successful though is’nt it?

Whats the alternative for flogging your spare stuff? Who can compete on exposure to get a decent price?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘What is the point of eBay feedback…’ is closed to new replies.