Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What is the point in washing a mountain bike?
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Only if you have been spraying the bearings directly with the jet wash. And you wouldn’t do that would you because that would be stupid.

composite
    Free Member

This:

fasthaggis – Member
    Cause that’s when you might find some of the things that are going to **** up.

It’s the first step of preventative maintenance + 1

This:

DezB – Member

It’s my bike and I want it to look nice.

and this:

chunkypaul – Member

bike gets stored in house; and I don’t want mud/chain oil/sheep shit/cow shit/deer shit and occasionally dog shit in my house or car

miketually
    Free Member

My bikes live in the garage and have almost no moving parts 🙂

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Why go to such great effort of making your bike sparkling clean to only get it completly filthy after an hours ride

You appear to lack the basic understanding that different people like different things. Some peaople like having clean cars, bikes, house and some don’t. It’s not really difficult to grasp is it.

Solo
    Free Member

What is the point in washing a mountain bike?

Err…

Do they taste better ?.

muckytee
    Free Member

You appear to lack the basic understanding that different people like different things. Some peaople like having clean cars, bikes, house and some don’t. It’s not really difficult to grasp is it.

and you appear to lack the basic concept of a question.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Only stupid ones.

myheadsashed

Lightspeed owners wash their bikes after every ride, helps with spotting the cracks. This allows them to make the most of the lifetime warranty…..

If it only a year old and never been ridden. 😀

hugor
    Free Member

I jetwash my bike after every muddy ride cause my neighbours complain when I drop dirt and animal poo in the lifts and foyers of my apartment block.
    I thought most animal poo was harmless.

_tom_
    Free Member

I don’t believe the jet washer thing so long as you take a bit of care.. i gave my bike a spray down most days last summer just to get rid of dust and stuff and the bearings were still fine a few months later..

boltonjon

To echo someones comment above – i do it because i enjoy it

Obviously, not after every ride, but i’ve got a nice little ritual of giving it a proper clean every weekend, whilst having a drink and a boogie to some good music

Biking is my passion and this has become part of it – it really cuts down on trail side mechanicals as well

Dibbs
    Free Member

Black bikes are a right PITA to clean, they look great when they’re wet, but when they dry you see all the bits you missed 🙁

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m a Valeter so I spend my days Cleaning and Detailing cars (which I enjoy !)

and I also enjoy the process I cleaning a bike. I’m not that bothered about actually having a clean bike.

I just enjoy cleaning it :mrgreen:

I would happily Clean bikes for a living, but I doubt many people would want to pay my hourly rate, so I’ll stick to Merc’s and Jag’s I reckon :mrgreen:

Cougar

Dirt?

No no no.

That’s an anti-glare coating, mate. Very exclusive.

roverpig

The Bike(s) get cleaned after most rides. The cars might get a trip through a car wash once or twice a year if they are lucky. It’s all a matter of priorities 🙂

Cheers,

Andy

imnotverygood

Read the first bit of Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. (Don’t bother with all of it)

Drillski
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – Member

I ride a belt drive, hub gear, titanium and carbon fibre bike.
    I’ll wash it before a race to remove any excess weight, otherwise I don’t usually bother.

crikey MTG ! I’d have thought anyone with your frame failure history would be cleaning throughly and X-raying the damn welds after each ride!!!!

enfht
    Free Member

I prefer to dry clean my bike.

Wait till the mud dries and rub off the worst bits.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What is the point in washing a mountain bike?’ is closed to new replies.