Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • What is the oldest component on your main bike?
  • matt_outandabout

I forgot Mrs_OAB’s bike. Cannondale of (we think) 2000 vintage, with mainly gear of same age. Still in weekly use.

Not bad for one of the lightest alloy frame and forks ever made.

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

pedals, TIME ATAC bought when they first released them around 96 I think

Same here, though I think mine are from about 1999. Never had to do a thing to them and they are still going strong

fr0sty125
    Free Member

8 year old lizard skin

redstripe
    Free Member

1970’s alloy bottle cage (do I win?) on main bike I use, frame is an early 90’s Diamondback True Temper Lite, still going strong and yet to bend/break

auldain
    Free Member

My 1998 Scott Octane FX1 with its 2000 Fox forks, 1999 Statos air shock, 1998 Middleburn taper cranks with a Hope Ti BB of the same year, and lastly a 1996 Hope TiGlide splined rear hub. Still throwing the whole lot down the mountains. One day its, well past sell by date, will come home to roost. Until then I intend to get my monies worth. The frame has done XC racing and Downhill (Fort William pre world cup course, last century). How its survived I’l never know. Unbelievably its only on its 3rd set of rear pivot bearings. They made them tough in those days. I swear its still the best all mountain bike I’ve ever owned. Light, responsive, and a fantastic climber thanks to the infinitely adjustable rear shock operated by a 1995 vintage Suntour thumy (preceding all the modern Scott stuff). I’d have included a photo but can’t see where to click on this page!

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘What is the oldest component on your main bike?’ is closed to new replies.