Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What is the most…….(slight rant)
  • ski
    Free Member

people that you have had stay overnight at your place?

Here goes…..

Mrs is planning to have most of here family round to stay for a weekend, that is 8 adults and 5 kids & that's not including our family!

(we live in a smallish 4 bed)

So that will be an extra 13 to feed, water and bed then Mrs ski? no problem, which weekend did you say? 😉 [planning a runner]

Then Mrs ski calls me today and says, is it ok for family no.1 to bring their two dog?

Hell yes, why not! lets open the front door and pack them all in like fking sardines, I say, why not at the same time go round an clear all the local homeless off the street and have them stay as well, I say!

Mrs ski hangs up…………..

Think I am in the dog house again 😉

Can anyone top that?

uplink
    Free Member

tell them they are going in a tent in the garden – you'll then see how many of them really want to come visit

I wouldn't put up with it BTW

finbar
    Free Member

Did you never live in a student house? We've had that many round for a night or two no bother. Admittedly elder family members might care more about sleeping in beds, but overall it probably won't be as bad as you think. Stick the kids in a tent on the lawn if the weather's nice.

ski
    Free Member

The dogs were the final straw tbh, but to be fair they are a great bunch, camping in the garden is on for some of them.

Well for me at least 😉

Drac

Cool, we use to have friends around every weekend and have the house full but not really since the kids came along. Still as a one off now and then I wouldn't mind.

baldSpot
    Free Member

bringing the dogs as well is taking **** liberties – tell 'em to do one! 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Going to our friends very small 4 bed at the weekend (ie the second largest bedroom only just fits a double airbed in it) – there will be 6 adults, a 4 yr old, two 2 yr olds, a 1 yr old and two 16 wk babies.

At the new year they are all coming to ours (three bed) but hopefully one or two of the kids will be palmed off with relatives.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'd be tempted to say okay to the dogs but everyone else can f.o. to the b&b down the road!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It's yer Mrs' house too fella.

samuri
    Free Member

yep, tent for the young'uns. Give 'em some alcopops to keep them busy, oldies can sleep inside.

I'd not have that many staying, I think the most we've done is 4 more.

joemarshall
    Free Member

We've had I think 12 max in a 3 bed house. Last weekend, we had 10, and that was no problem at all from a sleeping point of view. To be honest it is often more hassle if you have 3 or 4 people over and one of them is a princess and the pea type / has allergies to something / can't share in a room with someone who snores / refuses to sleep on a particular type of bed or whatever. If you have 12 people over, people tend to accept that they'll be stuffed in wherever they will fit.

I bet the people with the dogs will want them in their bedroom too though!

Having said that, I am sometimes the annoying allergy person when I go round to doggy/catty houses, although nowadays I'd just take some piriton and get over it, it is a lot less hassle, and I quite like meeting cats and dogs.

Feeding them doesn't have to be a hassle – do you not live near a chip shop?

Joe

joemarshall
    Free Member

Also, when I had loads of people over, it was for riding, so instead of going camping, they came to stay at my house on the edge of the Peak District. Even taking into account cooking / cleaning / feeding people, it was a fair bit less hassle than arranging for everyone to go camping for a weekend, at least from my point of view.

Joe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What is the most…….(slight rant)’ is closed to new replies.