Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What is the most flats you have fixed in one go?
  • ski
    Free Member

Trying to fix a flat on my CX yesterday, I managed to pinch flat two new tubes using tyre levers, one after the other!

Must have got through 6-8 patches in the end!

Ended up being a right angry numpty, which did not help……

Mates left me in the end to fend for myself, before I turned green and started to shed cloths 😉

😉

Can anyone beat that?

ourmaninthenorth

After doing what you did on a December club run (where I was relieved of my wheel and pump by someone to do it properly before they all got hypothermia), I made sure I got my technique sorted.

Always inflate the tube sligtly before you put it in the tyre and then make sure it’s properly seated in the rim before putting the remaining tyre bead on.

Yesterday, I had two punctures. The second being the (only) spare tube – it had split in my seatpack. Cue long walk, train ride, another long walk. 3 hours out of the house. 58 minutes riding time.

ska-49
    Free Member

I managed to get six punctures on two bikes within half a days riding at Gawton. Ended up going back to the car after almost every run 🙁 ! Tried all sorts of tyre pressures. Needless to say I know run tubeless.

TiRed

When the entire family rode through some hawthorn cuttings I think we used all the spare tubes and most of the patches, and still had slow punctures to repair at home. I think I ended up replacing a couple of tubes with frustration. Hawthorns, you have to love them!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

2 of us managed 14 in one 2 hour ride, also Hawthornes

bigyinn
    Free Member

11, then ran out patches, cue stopping to pump up tyre every 10 mins, 10 miles home. That’ll teach me to go exploring on exceptionally cheeky stuff (military range with restricted access)

10pmix
    Free Member

Hawthornes again meant 3 on ride itself then 5 more on checking flat before next ride. So that was 8 punctures in one 2 hour ride.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Some days it better to cut your losses I remember 1 trip to the Quantocks where I was getting one after another in my rear tyre. No explanation and the next day I was fine.

MadPierre

On our rides: If you are riding through a Hawthorn area without tubeless with sealant or slime tubes if tubed you are a fool and will be left to fend for yourself!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

14. Eight in the back, six in the front. Achieved by taking a “shortcut” alongside a hawthorn hedge. Newly sheared…

2hottie
    Free Member

7- in one tube in ten seconds i was going too fast and it was the first time riding a Badly set up full suss, just thought the suspension was working until I tried to steer! Rear tube and tyre knackered!

sofaking
    Free Member

7 and they were on a fat bike 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What is the most flats you have fixed in one go?’ is closed to new replies.