Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • What is the most awesome thing you have seen/witnessed/come across?
  • No was definitely down south but I can't remember where as I wasn't driving.

You've just reminded me about one of the rare times I drove to the rave.

Driving back from Donny down the M18, I commented how fast we were going – at which point one of my mates made me pull up on the hard shoulder so he could drive my car back – I'd been doing 30mph down the motorway.

samuri
    Free Member

I guess anything after Tiggs's post is moot but I was staying at a friends house in Tattershall and we got woke up at about 4am with the air raid sirens going. We got up and rode down to the end of the runway at coningsby and what looked like the entire united states airforce took off. We sat there for about 20 minutes until we got bored with watching fighters and bombers blast off into the air. Insane!!!

Apart from that, landing at (the old) Hong Kong airport was fairly bonkers. Looking out the window at a woman putting her washing out in her flat was a bit mind stretching.

loddrik
    Free Member

Drove back from the sanctuary in Milton Keynes to Liverpool a few times whilst totally wired. WTF was I doing!!

Apart from that, landing at (the old) Hong Kong airport was fairly bonkers. Looking out the window at a woman putting her washing out in her flat was a bit mind stretching.

Ha – ditto

hairyscary

American military might.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

ball lightning… I was wild camping.. (no tent) watched the storm roll in from the south.. the skies darken etc.. then the ball lightening started fizzing across the lake and eventually one lump(?) hit the calor gas of a thankfully empty caravan on the nearby hill..

childbirth is awesome..

DMT trips are pretty awesome..

Mass hysteria.. mob behaviour.. etc is always awesome to witness first hand..

Hohum
    Free Member

yunki – Member

childbirth is awesome..

The daft thing is that even though I have three wonderful children I never saw the end result as there was a screen in the way!

I did try to poke my head around once or twice but I was told off.

Oh well, the three of them are here now plus my wife so I am a happy chap.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Actually, in relation to another thread; the events of September 11th, 2001. Maybe only through TV footage, but by God it was awesome. Truly shocking.

yunki
    Free Member

good dart elfinsafety

nacho
    Free Member

So generally having children and consuming drugs are the most awesome things! 😀

yunki
    Free Member

total eclipse?

bassspine
    Free Member

watching Hale-Bopp in the night sky

the total eclipse over the devon coast

sitting on a beach in scotland and having THREE vulcans fly over the cliff above us and out to sea

(hearing some pillock calling a new pair of socks awesome … argh!)

I'm immune to the Vulcan experience – they used to fly over the Derbyshire Dales on a regular basis.

bassspine
    Free Member

Lightnings going vertical are probably awesome too…

yunki
    Free Member

the peace convoy in the late 80's passed by our house a few times when I was a nipper.. that was awesome in it's own way..

Hohum
    Free Member

bassspine – Member
    watching Hale-Bopp in the night sky

the total eclipse over the devon coast

sitting on a beach in scotland and having THREE vulcans fly over the cliff above us and out to sea

(hearing some pillock calling a new pair of socks awesome … argh!)

I would agree that those are all awesome.

I can remember driving out into the darkest Norfolk countryside (when I lived down there) to see Hale-Bopp.

I never saw a Lightning flying though, I wish I had.

Trampus
    Free Member

I remember waving, Yunki! 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘What is the most awesome thing you have seen/witnessed/come across?’ is closed to new replies.