Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • What is the most annoying at your local trail centre?
  • jekkyl

Cannock.
    .All the dam puddles after the rain!
    .The lack of escalator on the incline to upper cliff, hate that climb.

Yours? 😉

hambl90
    Free Member

Getting back to the car park to find the bike wash isn’t working.

Rorschach
    Free Member

All.
    1-People.
    2-Bikes.
    3-People riding bikes.

ChrisL

Glentress. Presuming you’re asking what I find most annoying, rather some generally agreed thing, I’d say straightlines destroying many of the fun wiggly bits.

Edit: Sorry, I’m feeling slow this evening, didn’t realise this was entirely just to mock that other thread.

Goldigger
    Free Member

European dads with 10 year old daughter’s in the middle of the trail wearing jeans and hoodies and asking for directions.

😀

orangeorange
    Free Member

Personally its people hanging around at the start of trails,with the sole intention of giving you headstart then (trying to) catch you up.
    On one occasion the guy was in the queue behind me at the bikewash,and explained how he would have caught me if it wasn’t for him dropping a chain,and another time heard riders discuss how long to give me before they “chase me down”

Junkyard
    Free Member

The fact I dont have one?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Cwmcarn – the only fly in the ointment is the fact the pay and display doesn’t take cards. Really that’s it, Bike wash, toilets, cafe (not that I ever go in) great trial, there’s even an uplift.

Afan – only the fact it’s so spread out, again coins only.

Brechfa – love the place, but causes me much stress, I usually need a poo just before we start, the portable toilets are well below my minimum standard for use, there’s a toilet opposite the pub but it’s not much better, I have to stop at the services at the end of the M4 and sometime I’m not ready.

jam-bo

It’s too far away so I don’t go.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Kenniboy apparently.

garage-dweller

Nothing, it’s really very good.

Northwind

Glentress- bloody shortcuts and “clever lines”. And the car park’s too small

oldtalent
    Free Member

windhill – carpark is too far away and remote from the trail with high risk of vehicle breakin. 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Gisburn – The blocky, short descent after the quarry climb, there’s an awkward lump that nearly always grabs my front wheel. It can be bloody freezing when the wind cuts through that car park in winter as well.

qtip

Coed Y Brenin – the idiots that think it’s an appropriate place to take their “trail dogs” for a run.

malgrey
    Free Member

Most annoying?

Cwm Carn. The lack of a feeling of being on the edge of the world since the trees grew up on the start of the last downhill part. It used to be amazing riding that bit with a feeling of an abyss on your left. Apart from that, its ace.

Coed y Brenin. That ramp up beneath the building that I’m always in the wrong gear for because we’ve just stopped at the shop…

TNF Grizedale. Sadly, quite a lot of it! The “boring climb” v “fun descent” ratio is all wrong.

Afan. The way its spread out, and the fact I’m crap at rocks.

Swinley. The fact everybody disses it even though its far better than not having a Swinley, though I know much is tongue in cheek. The place is great, its just Swinley, it can’t be Afan or Glentress its in Bracknell FFS. The cafe is truly rubbish though, the car park is ridiculously busy on a weekend, and the bike wash is only open at times you are unlikely to finish at. And the parking machines are a law unto themselves if paying by card…will it work, won’t it work, will I have to walk to another one…then another one…

jimdubleyou

Coffee in the cafe is utter rubbish.

Trails are either ginger hardpack slippery death cobbles or boggy mess this time of year.

Oh, and dads teaching kids, and all the bastard people who don’t know their way around.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brexiteer Christians on e-Bikes.

There, that should cover it.

chilled76
    Free Member

Sloooow bastards clogging up the trails who wont move out the way whilst I scream STRAVA at them loudly. They are so inconsiderate!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

They’ve turned off the underfloor heating in the bogs. Ye gads after wintry night ride that was pure bliss, followed by a restorative in the eagle, of course.

Although that said I’d forego any such luxury if people on 3*9 or panaracer tyres were put to death

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Antur Stiniog, the cafe,

Most of their meals are burger related, so at lunch time, if you ask for a burger, they put one on. Then you wait ages for it.

Why not put say 10 on then, they’re nearly ready when the first person comes in for a burger. When one goes, pop another on eh?

We’re there to ride not wait 20 mins for a burger.

Cater, don’t cook.

burko73

Imagine the cheek of it, teaching your kids to ride at a trail centre. Do people have no idea….

DezB
    Free Member

QECP – people walking their dogs on the bike trails. It’s not that annoying, cos they’re allowed to, but they have 100s of bloody miles they can walk on where they won’t get bikes whizzing past their earoles (or in my case, slowing down and politely excusing myself as I go by).

Then again it’s not really a trail centre.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Grizedale… tourists. And too few fun descents (unless you go off piste)

Whinlatter… tourists. And tourist traffic to get there!

Gisburn… braking bumps on Hully Gully. But no tourists.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘What is the most annoying at your local trail centre?’ is closed to new replies.