Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What is the latest on wireless house alarms?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

About to undertake some pretty major work on our house and one of the things I want to sort whilst I am doing it is replace our old and faulty alarm with one of those fancy new wireless jobbies. Looking for one with the ability to add more to it (door sensors, pet-friendly sensors, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms etc and do phone alerts etc.

So what makes should I be looking for?

Cheers

ton

wireless is good if you buy good quality stuff.
    ESP or Scantronic is all sound.
    cheap ebay stuff is not worth the money. but all wireless is open to problems.

br
    Free Member

About to undertake some pretty major work on our house and one of the things I want to sort whilst I am doing it is replace our old and faulty alarm with one of those fancy new wireless jobbies. Looking for one with the ability to add more to it (door sensors, pet-friendly sensors, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide alarms etc and do phone alerts etc.

Since you’re doing ‘major’ work I’d have someone hard-wire it and by a bit of planning you should be able to cover my requirements. Plus you’d probably need something reasonably decent and the configurable.

FWIW in the ten years of us living at our old house we never had a single issue with our serviced hard-wired alarm system.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had a Visonic wireless alarm fitted to the house 10 years ago and, other than changing the occasional battery in the sensors / smoke alarms it’s been mega reliable and trouble free ever since. The main control panel and external sounder unit are hard wired but everything else is wireless with surprisingly no communication issues due to the solid construction of my 130 year old house. Wish the wi – fi worked as well….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What is the latest on wireless house alarms?’ is closed to new replies.