• This topic has 4,407 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by kayak23.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 4,408 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • ski
    Free Member

Just bought a second hand wood turning lathe, so far, self taught, if anyone here is into it and can spare some tips drop me an email, thanks 😉

This was a seasoned log I pulled from my log store (found out latter green wood is easier to work with! Its my first try anyway.

I have a new stash of green Oak and Hawthorn to play with this week 😉

meehaja
    Free Member

getting a wood lathe in a few weeks, well, technically I already have it.. My grandpa was a great wood turner and general fettler of things (he tried to invent the automatic razor, but used a petrol engine and it blew up leaving him scarred for life.) but anyway, when he died all his woodworking tools went into my mums garage. She promptly moved to france and all the stuff is still in a locked garage waiting for me to collect it and transfer it to my garage!

I’m actually really excited!

warton
    Free Member

my wife’s birthday cake

ourmaninthenorth

Are the barcodes for scanning through a weigh bridge or such like?

Garage contains a highly sophisticated picking system.

porter_jamie

billet balance bike wheels. 12″ niche action

mogrim

Cool wheels!

I made a chicken/cider/mushroom thing, from my River Cottage cookbook. While tasty, those wheels are a lot more impressive!

porter_jamie

balance bike, nearly finished. got to choose an anodising colour. probably black frame, red wheels and bits?

TimP
    Free Member

Any chance you could knock up one of those with 26″ wheels?? That is brilliant!

porter_jamie

sadly my machine isnt big enough to make 26″ billet wheels, but defo could make one with standard mtb wheels.

trout
    Free Member

That is fantastic Porter_Jamie any chance of a pic of your machine too

I am in the process of making my bar light for the bike not done yet but have got the beamshot it will produce over 200 metres to the van
    and only 3 leds

fervouredimage
    Free Member

What a fantastic thread. I feel utterly inspired.

My fingers are twitching.

samuri
    Free Member

I made half a picture of Marylin. I know it’s not the same as actually making something but I was feeling left out.

porter_jamie

thats amazing. i tried really hard to draw when i was a kid, just couldn’t seem to do it

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks. like all these things it just takes lots of practise. If Redthunder pops along with some of his work it’ll make this look like the incoherent scribblings of a three year old.

tomlevell

A giant robot

Florence 3rd Birthday by tomlevell, on Flickr

And before that was a frame bag.

Made by tomlevell, on Flickr

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Just made a mess of posting on the wifes i thingy. Wretched thing.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Robot for offspring. Not in the same league as some of you but he doth love it. Made me very happy!

porter_jamie

finished! wrap it and shove it under the tree.

on trend wide bars? might need trimming a bit perhaps.

Northwind

Ah Porter_Jamie, that is just absolutely brilliant, love it.

Spent some of this evening doing rough shaping for a chaindevice cage… Once again wishing for a proper lathe and mill rather than my crappy unimat, so much flex… But it’ll do the job and what’s more it’ll have millions of machining marks on it so dobbers’ll go “Oh it’s all machined, like Hope” :mrgreen:

richpips
    Free Member

That bike looks ace, though the blue dust caps have to go.

maycontainnuts

Did the drawings, fabricated and erected. There’s a mirror image the other end of the building too.

Loving the bike Porter_Jamie

mikeyd
    Free Member

Good job maycontainnuts, I’ve designed many of them, never made one though! Just an observation; you may need sway bracing perpendicular to the face of the building (unless it’s not free standing and is tied to the building?)

Coyote
    Free Member

porter-jamie, is that frame rated for a triple clamp fork? You need to be careful, it could be a child’s face… 8)

neilforrow

Porter_Jamie – that bike is the nuts. Hat dothed’.

AlexSimon

I think the last thing I made that wasn’t work was this wood-burning stove out of tin cans.

But before that, I built bunk beds for my boys

porter_jamie

Coyote – Member
    porter-jamie, is that frame rated for a triple clamp fork? You need to be careful, it could be a child’s face…

you are right! i think the plan is to make some kind of padding for the stem/quill/bars to stop him smashing his face to pieces if he head-buts it.

the headset is an FSA aheadset, but there are two threaded collars either side of the top ‘yoke’ (or crown in mtb speak i suppose) and then the quill/stem/bars go inside the steerer because we wanted to allow for him getting bigger. if he needs lots more reach its going to have to be a new bar/stem/quill! the seattube has lots of angle so the reach gets more as the post comes up.

porter_jamie

those bunkbeds – cnc router? pretty cool.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

This weeks handy work

AlexSimon

porter_jamie – Member

those bunkbeds – cnc router? pretty cool.
    That was the look I was after, but no – all jigsaw and sandpaper!
    I designed it in Illustrator, then printed it onto tons of sheets of A4, then spraymounted it to the birch ply.
    A lot of hassle, but once I get an idea in my head…

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Some ambient electronic music. It has a mandolin and everything! It’s here on soundcloud.

Merak

maxtorque

An nice little carbon bash guard for my c456:

Dai
    Free Member

Stove top fan for a mate for Christmas.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice one dai. Do you fashion the impeller your self?

Stoner
    Free Member

Last thing I made….was a bogey for moving my logs around

Dai
    Free Member

No Stoner, it’s from the Ecofan 810, bought separately.

ebygomm
    Free Member

A Narwhal

King-ocelot
    Free Member

3 hour drawing

willard

This:

It’s a GPS logger built out of an old bluetooth GPS dongle and an At328-based serial logger.

It works, but I do need to find a way of parsing the output with the correct datum to get accurate positional data. Currently it’s a bit off.

kayak23

That Bunkbed is awesome! 🙂
    Loving the Narwhal too.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 4,408 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.