• This topic has 4,412 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 2 hours ago by nixie.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 4,413 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • porter_jamie

Northwind – Member
    porter_jamie – Member
    custom footrest plate for a sv650 to mount a different brake mc

Do you know why, out of curiosity? Lovely job but it’s an unusual mod.
    its a bit if a custom job, much modified. i will find a pic later

an alooominum box for a pcb

porter_jamie

househusband

Bike related; Paceti TL28 rims on Hope ProII Evo hubs -I’ve never had wheels seat, seal and inflate so easily!

pictonroad

House warming (garden warming I suppose) present for DrP. Made entirely from a skip find bike and washing machine. Frugal. (Tight).

bencooper
    Free Member

So, this happened:

ontor
    Free Member

singlespeed too!

Klunk
    Free Member

how long is that rear brake cable 🙂

Northwind

@Porterjamie, sorry for the super-late response… That’s a very nice SV! Kind of mad, also, but very nice. Did you do the cbr swingarm conversion? I nearly put a ZX9R (er, I think) arm in mine as it didn’t need a lot of fabrication, but it turned out to weigh a ton more than the original 😆

bencooper
    Free Member

how long is that rear brake cable

Two tandem cables with a splitter in the middle 😉

Northwind

Disappointed in you, I was expecting you’d have built yourself a cable winding machine and made one from scratch

northernmatt

S&S couplings the make it fit in a van I assume. Is it built using a cannibalised On One frame, rear stays and fork look familiar.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yup, two Inbreds, chopped up.

spectabilis
    Free Member

Oil drum ghetto grill.
    It features and adjustable hight fuel tray and rotating stainless grill.

nach
    Free Member

Helmet rack:

I’m quite proud of two things: Apart from a drill, I made it with hand tools, including planing the angle into it with a Stanley number 4 after discovering a skillsaw wasn’t up to doing the cut (I miss having a table saw). Also, all of the fixings are hidden. The standoffs are screwed into the wall, the rack is then screwed into the standoffs, and the pegs cover the screws. The pegs have threaded inserts and M3 bolts that go through angled holes in the back of the rack. Took a bit of jig making and adjustment to get everything lined up and drilled at the correct angles and depths, especially without a pillar drill, but it worked and can be dismantled.

maccruiskeen

That is properly nice Nach

kayak23

A Butsudan…
    Yeah? Me neither…. Well apparently it’s a special little cupboard that Buddhists put an important scroll into. It hangs in there and they open it to look upon it and do chanting and that… Made it for an old friend.

Sycamore, Wenge and Fumed Oak……and screws and that…

fasthaggis

they open it to look upon it and do chanting and that

A bit like this thread 🙂

Nice work folks.

mikeyd
    Free Member

[img]http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb12597212/p5pb12597212.jpg[/img][img]http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb12597214/p4pb12597214.jpg[/img]

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

There’s some amazing work here folks!

I need some advice regarding the one-off machining of a bayonet mount/bracket and this seems like as good a place as any to ask.

What I’d like is a flat version of the Hope District seatpost bracket, so that I can mount the light to my rear rack. Hope don’t make one. I’m curious as to whether it’s feasible, or perhaps more accurately, cost effective!

Are we talking a) “it’s a piece of piss these days mate, we’ll have one knocked up on the CNC in 30 minutes” or b) “you’re ‘avin’ a laugh mate, that’ll take someone 2 days to work out the drawings before they even go near a lathe!”?

bartyp
    Free Member

“I’m getting a bit f*cked off with the posts in this thread.. can some completely non talented people please dilute it with some shit offerings as I’m feeling a bit inadequate here, with my complete lack of talent at making stuff!”

I know how you feel. Just when you think ‘oh, I’ll post up that drinks coaster I made out of a piece of scrap wood, that took me about 3 weeks to finish’, some bugger comes along with ‘oh here’s a tractor/house/space shuttle I knocked up this weekend, out of a few bits and pieces I had lying around’.

I can’t even work out how to post up pics!

fasthaggis

Rusty

How about a wee alloy doughnut (seat post dia )that you could screw to the underside of the rack?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

While I’m not ruling out a bodge FH, I do prefer the idea of a ‘proper’ bracket so I’d like to explore that first.

fasthaggis

No bother,givusashout if you want a bodge made up 😉

richmars

need some advice regarding the one-off machining of a bayonet mount/bracket and this seems like as good a place as any to ask.

Just a short length of seatpost diameter Al rod, tapped in one end face and a hole in the rack.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

No bother,givusashout if you want a bodge made up

ha ha…I thought you were offering advice/instructing me to go ahead and bodge 🙂

Just a short length of seatpost diameter Al rod, tapped in one end face and a hole in the rack.

No, no, no…definitely too bodge-like!

I’m set on the idea of a bespoke version of Hope’s offering…until I find out the cost, of course…then I’ll come crawling back for bodge suggestions 😀

tillydog
    Free Member

Take the front half of the clamp off and use the threaded holes in the back half to bolt it to your rack?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

That won’t work due to the bayonet fitting of the lamp. When using the mount as designed there’s a plastic ring that clips to the seatpost and then the two metal halves of the mount bolt onto that. It’s the plastic ring that the bayonet fitting engages against, thus clamping the lamp firmly into place.

bartyp
    Free Member

Why not just get a simple Cateye adapter and rear light?

£3.99.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Haven’t had much time to paint since packing up studio in the move, but been thinking a lot about moving on and places I’ll miss – so put some finishing touches to this little painting called ‘The Black Brook’. Anyone who might have been caught late on an autumnal ride ound the Wyre Forest, Shatterford, Eymore Woods etc might recognise such a scene

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, I made the Telegraph 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

trespassing again cooper? 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

It’s all old stuff, really – I’m getting boring and sensible in my middle age.

Stoner
    Free Member

But “He is regarded as the most prominent and daring of his breed” makes you sound so dashing and youthful! I’ve been misled!

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, he is an author of fiction 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

That pic brings back memories Ben.

I used to work in the central hotel about 25 years ago. I was part of the maintenance team and one of my tasks on a Monday morning was checking emergency lights and relamping any that were out. I hated the walk along the 6th and 7th floors, used to really spook me out.

When was that pic taken, can’t believe rooms still have stuff left in them. We had a fire on the 6th floor and all the rooms were supposed to be cleared out, hadn’t happened by the time I left though.

edit: Just had a look at your site. I worked there when that bar was built in your last pick, that was all hand built and cost a fortune.

Don’t know if you managed to get up the clock tower but there’s some good exploring there, the old carpenters room and the water tank are both worth a look. Accessed from the 5th floor.

bencooper
    Free Member

Almost exactly six years ago – lots more pics here:

Central Hotel

This was just before the renovation started, I think they might have left the top two floors alone in the renovations, but not sure.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m almost certain the bathroom with the chair in was a room we used as our lamp store, is it a 1st floor room? Our workshop was a couple of doors along. The lock from that room, a vacant/engaged one with ornate faceplate, is in the downstairs loo in my father in laws house.

Did you get into the basement?

DrP

This:

I need to finish the write up of it, but it was something I’d never done before and and ‘itch’ I wanted to scratch!
    Lined the fireplace, fitted the liner/twin wall flue, fitted the slate, and thankfully the burner fitted in perfectly!

Had several fires already 😀

DrP

bencooper
    Free Member

I think it was higher up than that, but can’t remember – didn’t manage the basement, no.

bencooper
    Free Member

Made a blingy Brompton:

Now going home early for a beer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 4,413 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.