• This topic has 4,392 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by deus.
Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 4,393 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • fasthaggis

Good job,looks solid.

teasel
    Free Member

Ta. It weighs a fair bit – about 60kg I think, before the back bits were put on.

Sounds like a chapel door when you tap it, if you know what I mean…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Always get a little rush of anticipation when this thread reappears back near the top of the forum.

Balance bike is awesome, door looks great. Awesome work from everyone that creates something from scratch

giantx4
    Free Member

Ha!! Balance rig is very trick!! #luckydaughter ;))

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Just finished this as a Christening gift for a friend…

justinbieber

Carved my company logo out of ice for our Christmas card:

You can see how we did it here: http://www.vincentandbell.com

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Starting Point, Target, Result

Still a bit to do though. Need to get it painted properly, currently it is little more than coloured primer. Also need to sort out the interior.

New Target and Current Starting point

bearnecessities

Cake to send to ace Pops (he likes fruit cake) and he’s been particularly helpful lately..

Vital Stats: 7k calories, 5.5lbs, 1/2 bottle of Remy Martin 😀

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

A friend of mine just made this for my father in law.

It is really amazing how talented some people are…

bencooper
    Free Member

A Brompton-compatible rear triangle:

135mm OLN, disc-ready, in stainless steel – suitable for Rohloff, Alfine etc…

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

Delicious bacon macaroni cheese.

seadog101

Cheese and bacon can never fail…

ebygomm
    Free Member

More Christmas presents

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

play fort waiting for more dry weather to paint more

qwerty
    Free Member

A shonky ramp:

It’s for an 8 year old absolute beginner (& a 42 year old beginner), i think i need to make another matching twin ramp that can either be placed behind as a landing ramp or beside to create a wide carving ramp.

It’s for a pressie, i think i may make the second ramp in kit form for assembly by my son & I.

AlexSimon

Doesn’t look shonky at all! Like the idea of the kit form one. Both my boys like helping out on projects where possible.

markenduro
    Free Member

Good work qwerty, does it convert to a stretcher for when said 42 year old beginner gets it wrong on landing?

qwerty
    Free Member

markenduro – no, I’ll just have dirt kicked over me and become the beginnings of a gap jump!

porter_jamie

CountZero

OrmanCheep, that Uke is beautiful, a really lovely job. 😀

kayak23

Finally finished the box for the wee bronze of the stag beetle. I made the box from measurements the artist gave me so thank Jah it fit!

I’ve had to sink two bolts into the underside to hold the delicate bronze firmly inside when transported.

Turned out nice… 🙂

..and here is Mr Clunes swinging the above beetle about…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvbFFX64nk[/video]

Schweet. 🙂

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Letter opener for the wife,
    Bike related as well!

Ambrose

I rather like that disc knife. Any ideas about how ‘good’ the steel is in discs? I have loads of worn out rotors lying around that I could perhaps re-purpose…

Basil

A three flusher

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Procuttio by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr
    Just cracked the Procuttio for Christmas, the Spanish Ham tasters were very approving

kayak23

I cut up some old Radio Times and made custom wrapping for my friends and family’s Christmas presents. Maybe I’ve got too much time on my hands at the moment…. 😉

Here’s the Bake Off one…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

adding on Christmas Dinner

Course 1 by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

2 by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

3 by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

The halumi course by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

The main course by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Ready to come out by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Fish head dealt with roll on course 7 by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Desert by Mike Smith 79, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

top work on that prosciutto mike. looks ace.

ourmaninthenorth

All – I want 800 posts by the end of the year. Go!

Saccades
    Free Member

Not on a par with all the serious woodworkers – but I’m happy with what I could knock together from odds and sods of wood in the shed and only a fret saw and a pin hammer.

A stable for the tasteful nativity stuff the wife bought. Please excuse the grey kids prrof stuff.

psychobiker
    Free Member

Latest (2nd ever) guitar

Solid cherry body, with maple neck and Wenge fretboard.

I don’t know if the pics will pick up the metalflake flames on the body, but they really shine in the right light.

A bit heavy but hopefully great for learning on.

Would like to do another archtop next, maybe a maple body if I can a nice enough piece. Need to source more timber before I can make anymore.

Marcel

Furrner
    Free Member

Tiled the new guest bathroom, just need to find sometime to get the grouting done.

bencooper
    Free Member

Back end of a tandem trike:

And the front end:

Now working on the bit in the middle:

😉

Retrodirect
    Free Member

tadpole trike?

I really love the look of your shop, you always make the most interesting things.

bencooper
    Free Member

Thanks 😉

Yes, two wheels at the front using conventional forks, Rohloff at the back.

bencooper
    Free Member

Turned Somafunk’s bike from this:

Into this:

Bottle bosses and cable guides to bung on next week 😉

29erKeith
    Free Member

I made this earlier in the year for baby29er’s 1st birthday, climbing wall’s a bit premature I know but he’ll grow into it. Ball pool and sand put under the floor and a little fold down seat. It did me well the other day too when I went out for a ride and forgot my key and it was peeing down. sheltered in there until my wife got home, thankfully not too long. oh and ignore the patchy grass behind, bit of work in progress there and the leaves have since been rake’d up and I know the hedges need a bit of work.

This ones not mine but my Brothers, don’t think I’ve posted any complete ones of it before. It started out as a rusty clubman estate and he’s done everything himself. body work, paint role cage, custom subframe electrics the lot! it’s off the road at the moment waiting for the new LS Diff to arrive. Massive torque steer even with an Integra Type R one. oh and the hole in the front is for the turbo which might hopefully go on next year after and engine rebuild with forged internals. It’s drives amazingly nicely but as you might imagine it’s a bit of a handful when you boot it, the diff should help with that plus a few suspension tweaks he’s just finishing at the moment. All done at home in his garage\workshop. Not every ones cup of tea I know but impressive none the less
    so from this

[img]http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3704/11928171364_56b7f06433_n.jpg[/img]
    to this

[/url]

porter_jamie

Bedds
    Free Member

I’ve never felt quite so inadequate

crapjumper
    Free Member

Me too ! I’d normally balls up a flat pack cupboard

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 4,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.