• This topic has 4,392 replies, 728 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by deus.
Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 4,393 total)
  • What is the last thing you made? (pics pls)
  • Neil-F
    Free Member

Ok, back to the ghetto stuff!
    😆

chest cam, using an old HTC Wildfire phone and some old tupperware type shit.

Woodburner for the garden from an empty expanding foam pressurised bottle.

A work stand. It was ok, but I ended up buying a proper one anyway.

Just stuff I knock up when I’m bored.

tymbian
    Free Member

@ footflaps. They’re 2 x 2’s ( 47 x 50mm )

Pigface
    Free Member

Hope the Diff in the Mini is going to be a good one or it will very interesting to drive in the wet. He might need a bigger rad to keep it all cool. Great project.

DavidB
    Free Member

I completed my life’s ambition and made this in March:-

AlexSimon

Very nice cover MrB 🙂

29erKeith
    Free Member

Pigface I don’t think it’ll get driven much in the wet tbh
    but a Diff, custom drive shafts and heavy duty outer CV’s are on the shopping list. Hopefully torque steer shouldn’t be too bad as the drive shafts are equal lengths I think, that’s why tuned A-Series used to get it bad anyway, I know how bad in the wet they can be from this 140bhp turbo A-Series, Sadly gone, I wish I’d not sold it now 🙁

KAD do an Equal length driveshaft kit for the A Series to help

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

DavidB, just had a quick look at ‘Great British Bike Rides’. Looks good. Going on Birthday wish list.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Last thing I made was this:

Custom 953 road frame in brushed finish with all decals done using surface finish built with Ultegra groupset, CK R45 hubs on Velocity A23 rims and mix of 3T and Thomson finishing kit.

Bit of a labour of love really.

Bunnyhop

DavidB – I recognised the cover shot location straight away, very nice indeed.

Mrs MTG’s daughter wanted a rabbit pen.
    We decided the best place was against the garden fence with access to an existing covered area alongside the bungalow for shelter.
    We also thought it would be best to make it standing height.

So, what started out as plans for a typical rabbit pen with a hutch at one side, turned in to this, which looks more like an aviary.

nigelb001
    Free Member

Apart from being a bike enthusiast, I am also a music/hi-fi/guitar enthusiast and as I am an electronic engineer, I build most of my own stuff. Here are some bits I’ve made in the last few months.

Firstly a minimalist 50 watt/channel chipamp power amp. Sounds as though it should cost £1000 +

10 watt single ended valve guitar amplifier designed and built from scratch for a client.

Dual guitar amplifier attenuator

nigelb001
    Free Member

By the way, love the bonkers Mini above!!

justinbieber

No way, Nigelb001 – do you run Mango? Lovely sounding amps.

That power amp looks interesting – is there anything else you can say about it?

nigelb001
    Free Member

@justinbieber

No way, Nigelb001 – do you run Mango? Lovely sounding amps.

Yep that’s me. 🙂 Thanks for the comment. Can I ask how you know my amps? Just a one man band here, my clientelle is very select. I’ve probably made as many amps in eight years as Marshall make in 10 minutes. 😉

Hifi power amp is a dual mono LM3875 chipamp using PCBs from Peter Daniels at Audiosector in US, which itself is based on the mythical Japanese 47Labs Gaincard. Built as an experiment as I didn’t really believe the internet hype about 47Labs but was very, very pleasantly surprised by the resolution and transparency of the amp. Now takes pride of place in my rack, I don’t need a better hifi amp whatever the cost, though I may build another one to bi-amp my PMC speakers.

justinbieber

I’m pretty sure I played one in Jam Guitars in Bristol a few years ago. Can’t remember too much about it, but it was nice. Good range of features too, not just the typical small amp single channel and that’s your lot!

That power amp looks really interesting. I’ve got a pair of big Dynaudio floorstanders that really come alive when fed with lots of power. Any plans to sell them?

nigelb001
    Free Member

Yeah, I had a demo amp in Jam Guitars for a while.

No plans to sell the power amp I’m afraid. 🙁

ebygomm
    Free Member

Today I made a birthday cake (for me!)

Burchy1
    Free Member

Just finished printing these as my contribution to the prize pot for for SSUK at the weekend.

IMAG0338 by burchy80, on Flickr

porter_jamie

Heap big lump of ally. 65kg. Most of this is going in the bin. I really hope not all of it!!!

itstig

Come on don’t leave us in suspense, what’s it going to be?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

nigelb001 did you used to post on Hexus?

porter_jamie

That there is going to be a billet headstock for an electric motorcycle. It’s going to have Reynolds 631 tubes to join to the swingarm pivots because this packages all the batteries better apparently.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

This weeks floor:

(Ok, so I didn’t really “make it”, just put the blocks together to turn them into a floor 🙂 )

maccruiskeen

Freshly popped out of the mould this morning. A metaphor about emotional resilience, made with a group of 8 and 9 years olds

spchantler
    Free Member

This weeks floor

pics of cake crumbs or it didn’t happen

AlexSimon

Love that hippo cake! Genius!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

[Quote]spchantler – Member
    This weeks floor
    pics of cake crumbs or it didn’t happen[/quote]

😆

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Orkney Landscape, oil on board, 48 x 66

giantx4
    Free Member

Pair of curved cabinets made by me to complete the full bespoke kitchen ;))

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

nice giantx4

Do you buy the doors pre-curved or do it in the workshop?

daftvader
    Free Member

black walnut butter knife….

[/url][/img]

giantx4
    Free Member

Hey dd, ye make the doors by hand mate.. A time consuming process! But effective 😉

Harry_the_Spider

This. Big acrylic mirrors are awful things to work with.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think my floor got lost at the end of the last page. 🙁

Harry, pergola looks good!!

I’d give anything for a workshop giantx4. Nice work.

giantx4
    Free Member

Ye amazing work on here from everyone!.. This thread is my fave!!.. Made my stuff at work..:)

giantx4
    Free Member

Dd just seen yourfloor!.. Very nice sir… :))

tymbian
    Free Member

Herb Wheel..

samuri
    Free Member

Again, it’s not something as ‘made’ as the other things on here but it came out of my hands.

Ald Bloke by Jon Wyatt, on Flickr

giantx4
    Free Member

You drew it samuri?

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 4,393 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.