Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What is the going rate for tilers?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Approx price per m² for fitting wall tiles including supply of grout and adhesive.

I’ve already got the tiles.

geoffj

Depends on lots of things but £25 would be reasonable.

northernmatt

We had about 18sq/m done and it cost us £450 which ties in nicely with geoffj’s price of £25 a sq/m. Our tiles were thick porcelain ones and all had to be wet cut.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm… just been quoted £40.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Yup, £25 per metre is bang on for round these parts

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I charge £27.50 inc. cement based adhesives, grout and trims (plastic, metal charged extra as they are a PITA to fit) This is for std format tiles.

If tiles over 600mm then £35p/m2 as they can use a lot more adhesive and take longer to work unless the walls are super flat.

Stone work, i.e. Slate, Trav, Marble etc. then £40p/m2 to allow for the extra wet cutting and sealing.

This in in Leicestershire. I’ve been tiling for 20 years so think I’ve just about got a grip on pricing.

The Company I sometimes sub too somehow get away with charging £45p/m2 for ceramic/porcs, a plumber I know who does a bit of tiling and ‘not very good’ by his own admission charges £35 because he’s slow?!? and gets work. I’ve also lost jobs for people charging £15p/m2 which in my opinion is not enough to not be cutting corners. I’d always go with recommendation and reviews rather than ultimate price.

Harry_the_Spider

Hmmm again… these are 150 x 75mm brick tiles. 11m² of them below dado height.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I was going to say £35 in Surrey

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

In that case £25-27 pm. As long as walls are sound. Other than the set up course brick bond tiles are no more difficult than std tiles, in fact easier so actually as it’s easier to line up joints.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What is the going rate for tilers?’ is closed to new replies.