Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What is the difference between on one codiene and El guapo?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Any ideas? Liked the wagon wheels on my fireline but still like my prophet so looking at a big wheeled version.

STATO
    Free Member

The 29er ElGuapo is listed with a max tyre size of 2.1, apparently its bigger but no one has posted decent pics.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The EG’s got a longer swingarm and thus more travel and room for a front mech.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jam-bo

but still like my prophet

prophets can be run 27.5 I believe.

amedias
    Free Member

well, the EG is Pug Fugly for starters….

scottfitz
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

but still like my prophet

prophets can be run 27.5 I believe.
    Yes they can and lots of 26″ forks too. as long as you don’t have massive tyres.

toys19
    Free Member

I imagine (but could easily be wrong) that Brant took the experience and hassle they had with the El Guapo, learnt from it, and produced a better bike in the codiene..
    Am I right in thinking that Brant did not design the El Guapo, he inherited it?

GEDA
    Free Member

Not really interested in the in betweener size as I can’t really see that many draw backs of the 29er except those qualities that I like in a 26er. (Like stronger wheels and more BMX feeling).

The frames look quite similar.

RoterStern
    Free Member

The main difference between the two seems to be about 300 quid! 😉

z1ppy

Unfortunately my Prophet’s wheels feels weird now after riding a 29er HT for so long.. still handles fine but just wrong.
    In true STW style hows about something you haven’t asked about…
    Five-29 f/o going cheapish? (cheap for an orange obviously)

Edit: £300 difference? I’m looking and it’s £200 and you get a CC Air shock on both, which is nice (or are you looking at the monarch version)

honourablegeorge

toys19 – Member

Am I right in thinking that Brant did not design the El Guapo, he inherited it?

Guapo was selling as a £1800 Titus frame for years before they went bust and On One bought them

Northwind

Though I think the 29er is a new one, and the On One Guapo had revised (improved-looking) geometry.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What is the difference between on one codiene and El guapo?’ is closed to new replies.