Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What is the best source of GPS routes in GPX format?
  • neiloxford
    Free Member

Is there a go to website?

If not maybe could somebody here create a resource?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Format shouldn’t be an issue as there are some online converters. Strava has some and some 3rd party sites do the downloads.

bruneep
    neiloxford
    Free Member

Thanks bruneep, exactly what I was hoping for 🙂 Shame there are not more trails though

chrssmale
    Free Member
    andytherocketeer
    bartimaeus
    Free Member

Strava
    Strava ‘multiple ride mapper‘ (see routes through segments, or routes for riders)
    Strava export to GPX

neiloxford
    Free Member

That Strava multiple ride mapper seems to work well, is there the ability to choose only mtb routes?

andytherocketeer

Didn’t seem to work for me. Insisted I put in a rider or segment ID, which is not that useful.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Yeah, I found that if you google strava and an area your looking at cyling you can find a local segment ID. Will take a bit more digging but good potential. Think I need to make a local hill a segment on Strava, and then I can see all the routes that people take that include this segment as a part of their route. As it will be a MTB only hill, should only get MTB users 🙂

deadkenny
    Free Member

Strava premium now let’s you download GPX as well direct from their site.

Strava is just packed with what that guy did that day but it may not be a route that’s worth doing to you or includes stuff you don’t want, maybe even a trip to their house, shop or the pub (or maybe that’s not such a bad idea). EveryTrail I’m finding is a better way for more sensible routes to download as people seem to upload a specific route to illustrate a good route to go.

Though I use Strava for working out what segments are called and where they are.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Ok, so joined Strava and searched my local area. Found a good hill in some woods that somebody had set up as a segment. I have then typed that segment and some dates into the Strava multiple ride mapper website and it then shows all the routes that are on Strava that people have made with that hill being a part of their route. Results are brilliant 🙂 Very happy. Now got to pick the best parts and export to a GPX for me. Great technology 🙂

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

If you need a converter try GPS Babel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What is the best source of GPS routes in GPX format?’ is closed to new replies.