Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What is the best route for JOGLE ????
  • gareththomas1985
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

A group of us are planning to complete JOGLE for my little boy’s Charity around April next and i was hoping someone could give us an idea on the best route to take!!!!

Thanks

Gareth

pegasus
    Free Member

me and a mate did it 5 years ago, it was ace, esp. that pint or two after 90 odd miles. We were YHAing and so our route was governed by the location of hostels, although not every stop was possible in a hostel. Our route was roughly; JOG-Tongue-Inverness-Leadmills-Slaidburn-Chester-Bristol-Cheddar-Penzance. It took us 11 days so I’ve clearly forgotten a couple of stops. There’s plenty of advice on the net but the one thing that really helped was to eat and drink every hour whether hungry or not. Good luck and enjoy youselves.
    ps.We also did it for charity and found that the vast majority of chain restaurants (Little Chef, Pizza Express etc) and a few smaller ones were more than happy to provide us with free food. One pub we stopped at and explained what was what and asked for a cup of tea were told to sit down while sunday lunch was brought to our table…

molgrips
    Free Member

Start at LE, head out of the place turn left. Ride for a bit, then left again then right, carry on for a few miles, straight on at the cross roads then carry on til the roundabout. Third exit, straight on then ride til the next town where it’s second left – after the church. Take that road until you find a big hill where you bear right at the top, then straight on for a bit longer…..

…..

… then pull into the car park at JOG and you’re there.

joff
    Free Member

or find this book ‘Bike Britain – cycling from lands end to john o groats’ just reverse it to suit going the other way or they might have a book for going the other way.

isbn 0-9582256-1-3

http://www.epicguides.co.nz

downshep

Surely LeJog makes more sense, to have the sun and wind behind you?

aracer
    Free Member

We also did it for charity and found that the vast majority of chain restaurants (Little Chef, Pizza Express etc) and a few smaller ones were more than happy to provide us with free food.

Really? Shall have to remember to mention I’m doing LEJOG for charity any time I’m in one of those 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What is the best route for JOGLE ????’ is closed to new replies.