Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • What is the best car on sale today…
  • toby1

hmmm, I wonder how much a Golf R would be for 40,000 miles a year….

Through the panoramic roof (assume it doesn’t have one, just liked the ring of it).

Answer; the one that leaves you enough money to do as much skiing as you want each year!

craigxxl
    Free Member

The new A4 I looked at knocks spots off any ford or citroen I have ever seen or owned in pretty much every way imaginable. In fact, it (particularly the inside) is better than all of the recent BMW’s I have seen. It’s very, very nice.

Is this on a looks and feel comparison rather than build quality? I think VAG have gone for engineering cars that are quicker to assemble and therefore increase profits instead of built to last.

One of my clients has a fleet of Citroen C5 estates used for amusement machine delivery/collections and repairs so worked hard. In the 3 years they have ran these only two repairs have been required for air con and another car for faulty electric window. They previously ran VW Passats then Skoda Octavia and Superbs which were equally as bad as each the other. The accounts have shown that the motoring costs have reduced by 16% even with the slightly higher lease costs which is slightly offset with the lower Class 1A NIC’s on the P11D BIK.
    Not surprisingly they are replacing them with more C5’s which the staff are more than happy with, although some had threatened to quit when they were told that it would be Citroen’s the first time round.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

legend
    Free Member

^ chassis’ bent.

ericemel
    Free Member

Assuming new, and that you value a bit of performance over mpg, it’s hard to look past the Golf R estate.

There are quicker or cheaper or more economical or more comfortable cars, but not at the same time. Nigh-on 300bhp, 4WD, comfortable, easy to live with, huge boot, proper roof rails, so safe it costs very little to insure, 35mpg, and everyone outside of the car nerd world just thinks it’s an ordinary Golf.

Actually I would go with a BMW 330d Sdrive estate, full sunroof. The ultimate all rounder. 335d if you need 4wd

45 mpg (better than the R), less aggressive handling (personal choice) and bigger.

The R is a belter, do get me wrong. But the 6clyinder BMW diesel is an amazing engine.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think VAG have gone for engineering cars that are quicker to assemble and therefore increase profits instead of built to last

Actually, I think their problem is that they are ambitious. There is so much engineering in my car that some of it misses occasionally. And I’m not just talking about toys.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

My personal view based upon owning them –
    1. Most fun Nissan Sunny GTI R 1994 4WD(with Group N engine kit) over 200bhp on the rolling road (not pub talk figures) completely and utterly deranged bairly worked below 70mph but it could do 4 wheel drifts out of roundabouts so all is forgiven.
    2. Most civilised BMW535d
    3.Best real world car New Nissan Quasquai 60mpg no road tax quiet as a church mouse effortless common as muck…

jimjam
    Free Member

oldmanmtb
    3.Best real world car New Nissan Quasquai 60mpg no road tax quiet as a church mouse effortless common as muck…

You missed horrible to drive. Sent a cold chill down my spine when the wife (out of nowhere I should add) suggested we go and test drive one.

Luckily (praise be to Odin, Allah and the Jewish god) she hated it nearly as much as I did.

wrecker
    Free Member

Is this on a looks and feel comparison rather than build quality?

To be fair I didn’t get the spanners out but it felt very well put together.
    We had 4 or 5 C5s here and they were an absolute PITA, numerous recalls, kit failures and the guys despised them. We also had some peugeots which had plastic body panels. Yuk.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Think the closest your going to get to a modern day M5 Touring is a Alpina B5 touring

There was an E61 M5 Touring

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

^ chassis’ bent.

😆

Probably is.

dannybgoode

God that Golf R is moce amd cracking lease deals. Hmmm – might be just what I’ve been looking for…

peasant
    Free Member
    retro83
    Free Member

peasant – Member

https://www.centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/vehicle/choose_your_lease/68430/volkswagen/golf/20_tsi_r_5dr_dsg.html
    £180 a month 10k miles because your worth it

That £180 pcm looks amazing but it’s actually £280 pcm factoring in the first payment. 🙁 Still pretty good considering the performance though.

jools182
    Free Member

One of these little monkeys would do for me

Money no object I’d go for the Ferrari GTC4Lusso above

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘What is the best car on sale today…’ is closed to new replies.