Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • What is the average cost for new spoke plus fitting at a LBS?
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

more or less than £15??

Thank you!

patriotpro
    Free Member

£10

simondbarnes

£15 + cost of spoke

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    composite
    Free Member

Recently had 3 replaced and wheel re-trued for £13 including the cost of the spokes.

LoCo
    Free Member

£15 plus the spoke/spokes if the wheel has the tyre and tube is off, as the wheel could be a proper taco and take a good while to true.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

£10

patriotpro
    Free Member

Where in the country are the ‘£15 + spokes’ shops?

stumpy01

Been charged between £7 & £17 for spoke replacement at my lbs. Weirdly, the more expensive one had everything stripped off the wheel, whereas the cheap one I just went in with the wheel fully built.

Both prices include spoke & new rim tape.

MrGreedy

The amount of work involved could vary a lot depending on how well built the wheel was to start with. Also, as above, if the tyre/tube/cassette need removing that adds to the faff significantly.

LoCo
    Free Member

It could be a really quick job or take ages so a sensible shop would charge about £15 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

£10-15 depending on whether it’s front or back, how taco-ed, etc. I’ll always also advise that if more than 2 spokes are broken then the rest are likely to go soon so a rebuild would be a good idea.

mboy
    Free Member

Cost of the spoke (usually £1) plus cost of labour @ £35 per hour.

If you come in with a stripped down wheel and it takes 5 minutes to do its gonna be a lot cheaper than if I’ve got to remove the tyre, rimstrip and anything else…

Makes sense really!

mattsccm
    Free Member

I regard £4 as standard. Thats including a quid for the spoke. Of course other work costs more.
    FoD prices 😆

cynic-al
    Free Member

£10. No need to remove tyre usually.

Kryton57

Jeez. 50pea per DT Swiss DB black spokes + post and I did three in my wheel, total cost £4 including 2 spares and posting.

Do it yourself, it isn’t rocket science.

footflaps

Very easy to DIY for a single spoke. Hardest bit is fishing the nipple out of the hollow section rim, as I always seem to drop mine in there….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘What is the average cost for new spoke plus fitting at a LBS?’ is closed to new replies.