Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What is so good about a 2008 Giant Trance?
  • AB
    Free Member

Heard the 2008 4.2″ versions are really popular. What’s so good about them?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

they touch you innappropriately in a way that you’ll enjoy

shinsplints

I have had mine about 3 weeks ,ridden it at Llandegla & then beasted it 30 miles in North Wales at the weekend.I love it.I have the trance 3 so the fox float has no lockout options but having ridden other bikes with rp2/3 shocks you dont miss it here.Its the way it pedals,virtually no pedal bob & it grips like a demon.I did change the stem as it was something daft like 110mm & just didnt suit me,also put on some wider bars & its made a big difference downhill.In terms of value,its immense – it only cost me £500 brand new from e bay !!!! Something about the giant alu frames just kicks ass.

jaycmx1
    Free Member

ive got the trance xo with lock out and never use it. its brilliant at everything from cross country to trail parks. i would recommend the x after reading the reveiws.one of the mags had one last year for a long term test bike and more or less said the trance was good but it lacked abit of travel from what i can remember but the x is great.low bottom bracket but find it a plus rather than a minus

shinsplints

I think the low bottom bracket is a giant trait.I have clouted the pedals a couple of times,but used to do the same on the xtc 1 hardtail.
    I dont see me ever needing any more travel for the type of riding I do tbh.I will upgrade the forks & wheels in time,the rest of the stiff when it breaks/wears out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What is so good about a 2008 Giant Trance?’ is closed to new replies.