Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • What is Scientology?
  • Kryton57

Whats the religious ethos / belief of Scientology?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Pay me 50,000 pounds and I’ll tell you.
    If you don’t pay me, it show a lack of commitment to seeking the answer.

wwaswas

It was L Ron Hubbard proving that starting a relgion was the easiest way to make money and then it all got a bit out of hand, I think?

It now seems to exist solely to give the insiders a way of exercising control over others.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Markie
    Free Member

As explained by South Park, this is (really and truly) what they actually believe.

Incredible as it seems.

alex222
    Free Member

it show

😀

johnners
    Free Member

Didn’t Hubbard invent Scientology for a bet?

It now seems to exist solely to give the insiders a way of exercising control over others

Very much like most political and religious organisations.

crankboy
    Free Member

it is a money making cult made up by a science fiction writer, basicaly you pay to join and pay to progress through the levels and find out more.

I did type more but then recalled that they rely hevily on legal actions and lots of members contacting publications and individuals in inventive ways to register disapproval so deleted it. Google is your friend .

binners

When you join you get a free massage off John Travolta. But that definitely doesn’t make you gay, or owt

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’m no way involved in it but I have a friend who was . He had been heavily drug addicted until he joined them , it ended up costing him around £1000 but their methods worked and he is now drug free. He says they are very good but use them for your own benefit , if you have the need, and don’t get too sucked in as they can be quite demanding of your time and finances . I have seen a change in his personality which is very much for the better so I am now open minded on them .

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m no way involved in it but I have a friend who was . He had been heavily drug addicted until he joined them , it ended up costing him around £1000 but their methods worked and he is now drug free. He says they are very good but use them for your own benefit , if you have the need, and don’t get too sucked in as they can be quite demanding of your time and finances . I have seen a change in his personality which is very much for the better so I am now open minded on them .

Quite hide !

The undercover scientologists are here already 🙄

mt
    Free Member

its to prove that a lot of hollywood actors are stupid.

I see Tom Cruise was on the telly again the offer night.

alex222
    Free Member

He had been heavily drug addicted until he joined them , it ended up costing him around £1000 but their methods worked and he is now drug free.

He paid for not drugs?

RustySpanner

It’s a wonderful opportunity to watch human fallability in action.

Google it, it’s terrifying, pathetic and hilarious, all at once.

Xenu’s my favourite, can’t wait for the action figure.

binners

By the looks of it they can be quite annoying….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxqR5NPhtLI[/video]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

He simply couldn’t afford the drugs anymore…

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Bonkers. That’s what it is….

alex222
    Free Member

but he paid £1000

binners

To be honest, he’d have been better off spending it on drugs

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

It’s bets summed up as . . .

jumping around on sofa’s and losing your wife . . .

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The technical explanation is: “A load of old bollocks for fleecing a bunch of credulous half-wits”, I believe…

justatheory
    Free Member

It’s a cult the same as any other religion.

mt
    Free Member

^ funny

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes sci fiction writer who said
    You don’t get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.
    started a religion that has a story remarkably like a sci fiction story

All religions require you to have some faith and IMHO gullibility bit I rather suspect this takes the biscuitmoney form the believers.

see the drugs help
    Whilst i am pleased it helped your friend it is worth noting that

To this day there exist no independent and recognized studies that can confirm the efficacy of the Narconon program

Its at best a placebo and at worst there to make money and get the vulnerable into scientology…they always like saving the vulnerable eh ..like they are an easy target or something
    I await a scientologist posting on here…it should be fun

alex222
    Free Member

I like the bit where the son of God came to Earth and died for all our sins on a donkey; with a prostitute riding pillion

philconsequence
    Free Member

what is scientology?

hilarious, that’s what it is.

GrahamS

He had been heavily drug addicted until he joined them , it ended up costing him around £1000 but their methods worked

I wonder how much a GP referral to a drugs dependency unit would have cost?

Or, dare I say it, whether he would have got the same gain by joining a more “traditional” religion, which usually has the benefit of being free*

* (“free” implies no direct financial cost. Your eternal soul may be at risk if you do not keep up prayers. Damnation may go up as well as down. This does affect your statutory rights.)

Kryton57

GrahamS – Member

* (“free” implies no direct financial cost. Your eternal soul may be at risk if you do not keep up prayers. Damnation may go up as well as down. This does affect your statutory rights.)

ROFL!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its not recognised as religion in the ul which means no charitable status and tax breaks……. the thetans have hold of the tax system STILL fre yourself brothers

I like the way it claims copyright on its teachings as well

Xenu was about to be deposed from power, so he devised a plot to eliminate the excess population from his dominions. With the assistance of psychiatrists, he gathered billions[4][5] of his citizens under the pretense of income tax inspections, then paralyzed them and froze them in a mixture of alcohol and glycol to capture their souls. The kidnapped populace was loaded into spacecraft for transport to the site of extermination, the planet of Teegeeack (Earth).[5] The appearance of these spacecraft would later be subconsciously expressed in the design of the Douglas DC-8, the only difference being that “the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn’t”.[21] When they had reached Teegeeack, the paralyzed citizens were unloaded around the bases of volcanoes across the planet.[5][8] Hydrogen bombs were then lowered into the volcanoes and detonated simultaneously,[8] killing all but a few aliens.

sue wiki for that one I am simply plagarising

jackthedog
    Free Member

Alan Shore explains it all.

alex222
    Free Member

I like that other bit where Allah talks to Mohammed in a cave and tells him everything and Mohammed writes it down.

fd3chris
    Free Member

To be fair my friend had tried many other sources of help but for whatever reason, I’m not completely sure, they had failed. To say other religions are free is a joke , I know many people who go to church and fork out 10% of their wages for the privilege, I’m not religious myself , almost to the point of detesting it as I come from an extremely religious family/ history , so Nealglover you couldn’t be more wrong or insulting . I am trying to give my one experience I have come across of someone who has actually been in it !

wwaswas

I know many people who go to church and fork out 10% of their wages for the privilege

there’s people on here who seem to spend more than that on bicycles t ride for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning 😉

johnnystorm

Scientology is very clever in that it can carp on any old unbelievable crap and sit safe in the knowledge that no other religion can call foul because they’re based on a bunch of old claptrap as well. The only defence other religions have is that they’ve been banging on about it longer. Having said all that the Scientologists worry me a lot more than the C. of E.

I’d happily consign the lot of it to the dustbin.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Credit where it’s due to L Ron Hubbard, he’d conceived the perfect money making organisation over the course of a few pints one evening and it’s been wholly successful at making a few people stinking rich while at the same time appearing to be a load of wobbly sh**e to about 80% of the population. He’d have made an awesome politician.

Oh and having read Battlefield Earth as a teenager, I can safely say that it’s low grade pulp sci-fi at it’s most medicore and a copy is best kept by the lavatory in case one runs out of bog paper at an inopportune moment. The film was laughably dire, the only way it could have been a success would be if it were done tongue in cheek and had played the questionable content on it’s sleeve, like Starship Troopers. Instead, a bunch of misguided Scientologists tried to make a film failful to Hubbard’s vision and in doing so blew $200m of the Churh of Scientology’s funds on a colossal turkey.

To quote Forrest Gump, “Stupid is as stupid does”.

Drac

it is a money making cult made up by a science fiction writer, basicaly you pay to join and pay to progress through the levels and find out more

Ah like World of Warcraft.

emsz
    Free Member

cult = unpopular religion.

can’t take credit for that, saw it in Grazia LOL

alex222
    Free Member

There’s another good bit where all the people are slaves. One man then frees the slave with some plagues and the slaves run away for a new life. The masters then chase after them and the sea opens and stuff.

GrahamS

Sounds good alex222, someone should make a movie of it or something.

binners

The sea opens? Pfft! Preposterous! You’ll be on about talking burning bushes next?

wwaswas

There’s another good bit where all the people are slaves. One man then frees the slave with some plagues and the slaves run away for a new life. The masters then chase after them and the sea opens and stuff

but then they upset their deity of choice and he punishes a generation as yet unborn by making them live in a desert for 40 years.

gods eh? always kick you in the goolies just after rescuing you from an oppresive government.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘What is Scientology?’ is closed to new replies.