Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • what is peoples footwear of choice these days?
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Work – Crockett and Jones Brogues
    Play – timberland Deck shoes when warm, their Suede boots when not.

I’m an old git me – and I don’t think trainers and jeans are on at my age

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Whatever is cheap and interesting-looking from TK Maxx

passtherizla
    Free Member

I’m 31 and still actively skate and I am a dad so I evidently fall into the emo dad pile especially when you chuck in skin tight black jeans, cut off denim jacket covered in turbo negro patches and old maiden t shirts.

I wear skate shoes.
    Vans
    Emerica
    Lakai
    NikeSB
    Adidas skate
    Fallen
    etc…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Pair of Lacoste sneaks.

Stopped wearing skate shoes when I stopped skating. Bit like I don’t wear astroturf boots around when I’m not playing footy really.

ourmaninthenorth

Current leather shoes

Barker – oxfords
    Paul Smith – brogues
    Loake – oxfords
    Camper – Pelotas

Current trainers

Asics – Tigers (knackered)
    Converse – Chuck Taylor oxfords

philconsequence
    Free Member

tang
    Free Member

I’m sponsored by keen so I’ve got loads of shoes, sandals, boots, cycling shoes. Do like 5.10 approach shoes and sidi/shimano for the bike. For the few occasions i dress smart, el naturalista shoes.

geoffj

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yo!, can be seen hopping around in them there Birki’s a lot these days.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Anything from Italian Leather pointy toed work shoes to G-Star plimsoles, including Fatface flip-flops, NOrth Face technical type shoes, Nike 6.0’s, various Limited edition Nikes & some fancy boots I got last year in the sales, not forgetting boat shoes, Ontisua Tigers, and about a zillion other pairs of shoes I seem to own – well over 20 at the last count.

loddrik
    Free Member

Utter nonsense about trainers and age. 38 and wear nike airmax, Puma RS1, also still wear rockport xcr, I’m on my 6th pair since i was 19. Regularly weat my scarpa hiking boots too. Tend not to stockpile these days though.

I’ll still be wearing trainers in 20 years time, its what im happy with couldn’t give a toss about otger peoples perceptions.

Wouldn’t dream of wearing skate/biking shoes though. They are all horrendous to my eyes.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m well over 20 at the last count too..

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Bol +1

Salomon XA pros – various versions but incredibly versatile shoe – dog walks, 100 mile ultra’s, watching sons’ sport, shopping, cycling….all covered

jools182
    Free Member

I keep trying to get into wearing shoes, but its just not me

I’m in my late 30’s and wear Salomon trail running shoes or adidas Gazelles or some timberland leather halfway between trainers and shoes type things that I got in a sale

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Lodrik you wear Nike Airmax but you think skate shoes look bad, do they clash with your shellsuit?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Salomon XA pros

+1 – probably the most versatile shoe I’ve owned. Just on pair number three now (the blue is a bit bright – hoping it dies down a bit as they wear.

Other than that, a pair of brown brogue boots when trainers are a bit of a no-no. Converse for general louche-ing around. 🙂

DD, aged 40. 🙂

derekrides
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    Some of you worry too much about what other people think about you. It’s quite probable that they never think about you. Wear what you want.

Everybody thinks about me Dave, I’m a style icon, why even you think of me, you were worried about me sounding 12 in that other thread, which naturally I’m grateful for..

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m told socks and sandals are “on trend” this season, seriously.

I wear what the **** I like, but was told by some fashion students at a party that my Duffs were quite appropriate for somebody in his 30s. So there.

huws
    Free Member

dog walks, 100 mile ultra’s, watching sons’ sport, shopping, cycling….all covered

You seem to have forgotten going to achingly trendy east London clubs, gadding about like a dandy and impressing girls. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

iDave – Member
    Some of you worry too much about what other people think about you. It’s quite probable that they never think about you. Wear what you want.

Always putting people down. 🙁

TooTall
    Free Member

was told by some fashion students at a party that my Duffs were quite appropriate for somebody in his 30s

I believe you were actually insulted. You are so old and achingly unhip that you’ve not realised yet 😀

iDave
    Free Member

‘wear what you want’ is hardly a put down – it was a call to emancipation from the footwear nazis

joolsburger
    Free Member

AllStars for slouching and adidas for the gym and the bike.

I’m 41 and have no problem wearing trainers.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

**** me man, they are gopping

bikebouy
    Free Member

Theres one of those “trendy” east london clubs in brick lane..
    If you go there, cough, you’ll find most people dancing/prancing and gadding about in trainers.. It’s whats best for bouncing around in see..

If you are into impressing girls, you’re in the wrong end of “Tarn” sonny.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Edit – I’ve just seen your post.

Darcy – how could someone who inspired me to buy skinny jeans and hareem pants own a pair of shoes so revolting 🙁

DrJ

huws
    Free Member

Theres one of those “trendy” east london clubs in brick lane..
    If you go there, cough, you’ll find most people dancing/prancing and gadding about in trainers.. It’s whats best for bouncing around in see..

If you are into impressing girls, you’re in the wrong end of “Tarn” sonny.

Indeed they do and indeed they were, I can confirm this as I was at a French electro/indie night hosted by Kitsune in XOYO last Friday (wearing hightops). When I’m at home in SW London the secret weapon brogues come out play.

I was mostly commenting on the fact that some people have different requirements from their footwear.

passtherizla
    Free Member

skinnies and those blue salomons must just look wrong on all levels 😉

AdamW
    Free Member

Obviously. 😀

seanoc
    Free Member

geoffj

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Jeez those salomons are an abomination!

footflaps

I just bought a pair of those Solomons for winter trail running – will be caked in mud as soon as the weather turns and trails get wet.

As for trainers, my casual / work wear is generally always my most recently retired pair of running shoes (always New Balance) – if it works for Steve Jobs, it’s good enough of me…

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I’m 24 and am normally found knocking about in either nike high tops or altberg assault boots (warm and comfy)

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’m 41 and have never owned skate shoes, but thinking of getting some. The thing is, it appears they’re the business for riding a unicycle with, and when riding a unicycle (even badly like me), the local kids seem to think I’m cool – I’m sure some of the mums on the schoolrun think I’m a bit of a nutter, but I doubt any of them are paying much attention to my shoes.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘what is peoples footwear of choice these days?’ is closed to new replies.